APP - Game Meat vs Market Meat

Which Means of Acquiring Meat is More Humane?

• Hunting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shopping

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Minister of Truth

Practically Perfect
All things being equal, we will assume that the market meat was processed ethically and humanely, and that our hunter wasn't using a bow or being a douche...

I personally think either way is moral if it's being done for food or a meaningful purpose. Hunting I think brings us closer to nature and gives us a better appreciation for our food and more respect for the animal, but as long as the method of killing the animal is humane and quick and for a good purpose then I believe it's moral either way.

All things being equal, we will assume that the market meat was processed ethically and humanely, and that our hunter wasn't using a bow or being a douche...

They both feed the same

There is something special about acquiring your own food whether it is hunting or fishing.

I have great respect for each animals life I take and nothing goes to waste.

I think many people have watched too many Disney movies and end up humanizing these animals. I don't take killing an animal lightly, but I do need to eat just like every other animal in the food chain. I just happen to be at the top of it because of my brain power.

These same folks wringing their hands over me using a gun would no sooner tell a shark to take out its teeth to make it fair for the poor seal would they?

All these anti hunting threads are started by trolls who eat meat and really don't care about animals

I have never been into hunting, as it's not a part of my lifestyle, but it was getting annoying watching the trolls misbehave, so I brought it to the APP and banned Legion and that other guy. I have learned a lot from WinterBorn over the years, so a serious discussion of the topic is helpful.

I also love meat, so I'm not going to buy at the store and pretend that steaks grow on shelves...

I have never been into hunting, as it's not a part of my lifestyle, but it was getting annoying watching the trolls misbehave, so I brought it to the APP and banned Legion and that other guy. I have learned a lot from WinterBorn over the years, so a serious discussion of the topic is helpful.

I also love meat, so I'm not going to buy at the store and pretend that steaks grow on shelves...

Hunting isn't easy. Is there a thrill to it? Yes. That is undeniable. You are dealing with wild animals. It is dangerous.

It is thrilling to be able to provide for oneself. I suspect those that are waxing poetic against hunting aren't really against it, but it is just another trolling opportunity

If you read the thread he has never said "I oppose hunting". It is his MO. He posts pictures and links that make you think he is taking a position but he never really does.

For all we know Legion is a hunter. We do know he is a troll

You can't assume that about factory farmed meat. It would be like doing a poll on how much rain a region gets, but 'assuming' that it never rains for more than one day in a row.

If we assume the hunter is able to kill an animal immediately, as opposed to shooting a leg off, and then waiting until the next day to track the poor thing....hunting is more humane.

The animal lives a life in the wild, free from disease/overcrowding, etc. Death comes almost instantly.

Compare that to the life of a typical chicken/beef cow.

Back