Games

Haiku

Makes the ganglia twitch.
I have never played a roll playing game or any other type of online game. I'm thinking about getting a game to play and it doesn't have to involve chasing or shooting anyone. What would be a good place to start or a good game for a beginner? Does anyone have any suggestions? I suppose I could take up chess again but I'd like to try a video game.

Not necessarily without violence but I'm not interested in a game that's all about bombs and shooting....I've watched my son play and that's what it looks like to me. So you're saying everything is about violence or are you saying there are no non-violent games?

Not necessarily without violence but I'm not interested in a game that's all about bombs and shooting....I've watched my son play and that's what it looks like to me. So you're saying everything is about violence or are you saying there are no non-violent games?

Depending on how you define violence (most of mine are at the strategic, not personal levels), yes I am completely unaware of any adult game that is not centered around violence.

I don't consider strategy violence if that helps. Have you ever played any of the Sim games or Civilization, Rome etc. What are the educational opportunities, do they exist or are these games used to zone?

Oh I should have been more clear. I don't have any of that...Xbox etc. I'm looking for something I can play on my computer...pretty basic and probably boring but there you have it. Is it possible or do I need to purchase a game console?

I don't consider strategy violence if that helps. Have you ever played any of the Sim games or Civilization, Rome etc. What are the educational opportunities, do they exist or are these games used to zone?

Well truth be told I completely forgot about the Sims series of games. Those are non-violent if addicting.

But if you enjoy strategy....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/25800/

Europa Universalis 3. Take a nation through 400 years of history.

Thanks I'll check that out..

That looks interesting...I'm assuming the site is safe right? I'm so NOT savvy I have to ask.

Back