GAO Splurge Report

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
GAO: "average daily attacks against civilians have remained unchanged from February to July 2007."

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/gao.pdf

(see table 4)

Look, at some point, the overall number of monthly civilian deaths is going to decline. Much of the ethnic cleansing in Bagdad and large cities have been accomplished. Sunnis and Shia have been segregated, to a large extent. Millions of Iraqis have left the country. 150k american troops is not going to fundamentally change anything.

GAO: "average daily attacks against civilians have remained unchanged from February to July 2007."

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/gao.pdf

(see table 4)

Look, at some point, the overall number of monthly civilian deaths is going to decline. Much of the ethnic cleansing in Bagdad and large cities have been accomplished. Sunnis and Shia have been segregated, to a large extent. Millions of Iraqis have left the country. 150k american troops is not going to fundamentally change anything.

Thanks Cypress, do we really need another report from the White Ho, oh, I mean General Paetraus after this?

Oh let me post a link to this really good Krugman piece about this...here it is and a partial blurb:

"But, say the usual suspects, General Petraeus is a fine, upstanding officer who wouldn’t participate in a campaign of deception — apparently forgetting that they said the same thing about Mr. Powell.

First of all, General Petraeus is now identified with the surge; if it fails, he fails. He has every incentive to find a way to keep it going, in the hope that somehow he can pull off something he can call success.

And General Petraeus’s history also suggests that he is much more of a political, and indeed partisan, animal than his press would have you believe. In particular, six weeks before the 2004 presidential election, General Petraeus published an op-ed article in The Washington Post in which he claimed — wrongly, of course — that there had been “tangible progress” in Iraq, and that “momentum has gathered in recent months.”

Is it normal for serving military officers to publish articles just before an election that clearly help an incumbent’s campaign? I don’t think so."
http://welcome-to-pottersville.blogspot.com/2007/09/paul-krugman-snow-job-in-desert.html

Oh let me post a link to this really good Krugman piece about this...here it is and a partial blurb:

"But, say the usual suspects, General Petraeus is a fine, upstanding officer who wouldn’t participate in a campaign of deception — apparently forgetting that they said the same thing about Mr. Powell.

First of all, General Petraeus is now identified with the surge; if it fails, he fails. He has every incentive to find a way to keep it going, in the hope that somehow he can pull off something he can call success.

And General Petraeus’s history also suggests that he is much more of a political, and indeed partisan, animal than his press would have you believe. In particular, six weeks before the 2004 presidential election, General Petraeus published an op-ed article in The Washington Post in which he claimed — wrongly, of course — that there had been “tangible progress” in Iraq, and that “momentum has gathered in recent months.”

Is it normal for serving military officers to publish articles just before an election that clearly help an incumbent’s campaign? I don’t think so."
http://welcome-to-pottersville.blogspot.com/2007/09/paul-krugman-snow-job-in-desert.html

I really messed up his name, phonics was not helpful this time!

Hey, lady how was your weekend? I found some energy and went to the State fair! It was great, but I paid for it Saturday, slept all day...

Sorry, now I will return you to the subject at hand!

Thanks darla, krugman is great.

Froggie, I'm sure you, I, and others knew 6 months ago what would happen: The white house would just move the goal posts, to diminish expectations, and claim the surge is working.

When, in fact, the surge was a ploy, intended to give bush and republicans more time to stall, and mount a PR offensive to keep the war going.

Froggie, I'm sure you, I, and others knew 6 months ago what would happen: The white house would just move the goal posts, to diminish expectations, and claim the surge is working.

When, in fact, the surge was a ploy, intended to give bush and republicans more time to stall, and mount a PR offensive to keep the war going.

You betcha!

I really messed up his name, phonics was not helpful this time!

Hey, lady how was your weekend? I found some energy and went to the State fair! It was great, but I paid for it Saturday, slept all day...

Sorry, now I will return you to the subject at hand!

My weekend was great Frog, I got back home at about 4 yesterday and slept for most of the evening myself.

LOL..............

Kinda sorta like you cippie...aren't their some cats and dogs needing attending? Ya are a vet no?...This as most of your posts are akin to the Former failed 'Doctor'(MD) non other than 'Screaming Dean'...turned Governor..turned Presidential candidate...turned spokesman for the DNC...go figure...ya are on a path of destruction like the wonderful 'Screaming Dean':shock:

Kinda sorta like you cippie...aren't their some cats and dogs needing attending? Ya are a vet no?...This as most of your posts are akin to the Former failed 'Doctor'(MD) non other than 'Screaming Dean'...turned Governor..turned Presidential candidate...turned spokesman for the DNC...go figure...ya are on a path of destruction like the wonderful 'Screaming Dean':shock:

Oh, you just don't like it that he is right all of the time...

Sorry to disallusion ya...but there is not a man or woman for that that matter,on this planet that is 'Right' all the time...
:rolleyes:

Well, Cypress comes damn close, but that is because I agree with him most of the time...

Oh, and gorsch, thanks for the enlightenment that no one is always right, it might have taken me eons to come to that realization. :tongout:

LOL.............

Well, Cypress comes damn close, but that is because I agree with him most of the time...

Oh, and gorsch, thanks for the enlightenment that no one is always right, it might have taken me eons to come to that realization. :tongout:

But froggie...ya jumped so hard and so high to make the point that cippie is 'Always Right'...back peddleing is so rude!:cof1:

Back