Gas prices hit 10-month low; will you hail Obama?

Legion Troll

A fine upstanding poster
The average price of gasoline in the United States resumed its slide over the past two weeks, dropping 11 cents to $2.14 a gallon, the lowest since late January, according to a Lundberg survey released on Sunday.

The 5 percent decline in gasoline prices came as oil refiners and gasoline wholesalers and retailers passed along lower oil-buying prices to consumers, said survey publisher Trilby Lundberg in emailed comments.

Current retail gas prices were 70 cents below the year-ago period and at the lowest level since Jan. 23, when the average price was $2.07 per gallon. Benchmark crude oil prices were under pressure from hefty supplies and a strong U.S. dollar, the report said.

"The pump price may well continue dropping during the rest of November and into December," the report said, citing pressure from "abundant" supplies and higher run-rates at U.S. refineries at the end of the seasonal maintenance period.

Lower costs have been passed along the supply chain, and refiners were also "sacrificing some of their gasoline margin," Lundberg added.

In the panel of cities in the lower 48 states, the low average was Indianapolis at $1.79 and the high average was Los Angeles at $2.76 a gallon.

Hail to the Chief we have chosen for the nation. Hail to the Chief! We salute him, one and all. Hail to the Chief, as we pledge cooperation, in proud fulfillment of a great, noble call. Yours is the aim to make this grand country grander. This you will do, that's our strong, firm belief. Hail to the one we selected as commander. Hail to the President! Hail to the Chief!

http://in.reuters.com/article/2015/11/22/usa-gasoline-survey-idINL1N13402N20151122

Hail Obama.
images

I'm happy to see gas prices dropping. I have a pretty big truck and so filling it up isn't always the best thing in the world, and when you also have to pull a horse trailer behind you it just burns through the gas.

We go through this every year. Gas is great right now, will go through a period where it rises again, and then it will slowly return to where it is right now. I remember when I moved off campus following graduation in 2008, and started having to drive more frequently, right as prices exploded. Wound up becoming a Shell credit cardholder...

I get about 150 mpg not counting electricity in the volt.
I fill up less than once a month

Wow that's crazy. It would be awesome to get that sort of gas mileage. Unfortunately there is just no way I could do without my truck given what I have to use it for. I love my truck though so it's ok.

Wow that's crazy. It would be awesome to get that sort of gas mileage. Unfortunately there is just no way I could do without my truck given what I have to use it for. I love my truck though so it's ok.

Eventually they will do trucks and SUVs
Tesla has an suv that gets 100 mpg
Unfortunately it cost $100,000

Oil prices jumped on Tuesday after Turkish jets shot down a Russian warplane near the Syrian border.

Oil prices hit two-week highs, with Brent futures LCOc1 up more than 3 percent at $46.30 a barrel and U.S. crude CLc1 also up more than 3 percent at $43.05.

The Dow and S&P 500 were higher as energy shares jumped following oil's rally. The S&P energy index .SPNY was up 2.4 percent.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/24/us-global-markets-idUSKBN0TD01Y20151124

Back