George Steinbrenner Dead.

Socrtease

Verified User
The single greatest owner of ANY professional sport has died today after suffering a massive heart attack. During his ownership, the New York Yankees won 7 world championships. Rest in peace Boss. Thanks for everything you did.

The single greatest owner of ANY professional sport has died today after suffering a massive heart attack. During his ownership, the New York Yankees won 7 world championships. Rest in peace Boss. Thanks for everything you did.
Dude, Paul Brown died almost 20 years ago. ;-P

Mr. Steinbrenner also contributed greatly to youth sports and other charities here in the Tampa Bay area as well as employing many people. It's fitting that he spent his final moments here.

"Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next." - George Steinbrenner

DO NOT CARE.... He helped to destroy baseball... making it the dying sport it is today.

DO NOT CARE.... He helped to destroy baseball... making it the dying sport it is today.

Steinbrenner owned the Yanks from 1973 on. After 1978 they stopped winning the World Series until 1996, so I would say all of the negative aspects you see pervading the game came about while Steinbrenner's impact was negligible...

Probably the single worst thing to happen to baseball in decades was the 1994 strike. That not only caused floods of people to bail on the past-time, but it was definitely worse than the steroids scandal, and it occurred prior to the re-emergence of the Yanks. Its too bad, also, because I was rooting for the Blue Jays to win their third title in succession. The 1993 WS had been a blast!

Back