Go Jersey!

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
TRENTON, New Jersey (AP) -- A special commission recommended abolishing capital punishment in the Garden State and replacing it with life imprisonment without the possibility of parole, saying the death penalty costs taxpayers more than paying for prisoners to serve life terms.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/01/03/death.ban.ap/index.html

Ahh... How could I forget Darla. Although I had thought she was from NYC...

Well, if Darla is there, there are three reasons to like Jersey.

Darla is a New Yorker and I'm a Jersey Girl!

But yes. Jersey is making waves in terms of progressiveness. If they can get rid of high taxes and reduce traffic it would be perfect.

Ohh, my mistake then LadyT.
I guess as far as I am concerned you are the one bright spot in Jersey :)

Everybody rags on Jersey. I took a lot of jabs over the holidays for living in Jersey. Yet somehow everyone and their grandmother lives here. I just hope people make a mass exodus soon.

Well they could save a lot of money and do like Iraq. 30 days after sentence and you are gone.................that would make it a lot cheaper to kill em.

And how many would be killed by mistake ?
The lengthy appeals are a pain and expensive but are an attempt to ensure that we do not kill an innocent person. But even they are not foolproof.

Everybody rags on Jersey. I took a lot of jabs over the holidays for living in Jersey. Yet somehow everyone and their grandmother lives here. I just hope people make a mass exodus soon.

that's because all most people know about jersey is from driving up the turnpike past the nasty petrochemical plants. From what I understand Jersey has some killer beaches and other stuff too. ;)

Just imagine how much money Iraq could have saved by giving Saddam life instead of the noose.....HA!

And how many would be killed by mistake ?
The lengthy appeals are a pain and expensive but are an attempt to ensure that we do not kill an innocent person. But even they are not foolproof.

Which is precisely why it should be abolished completely.

that's because all most people know about jersey is from driving up the turnpike past the nasty petrochemical plants. From what I understand Jersey has some killer beaches and other stuff too. ;)

The beaches are okay. After going to the caribbean, I've kind of turned my nose up at NE beaches. But the atmosphere around them is fun.

Back