Go see Your Name

been rewatching Bleach lately....used to watch it with my son when he was in middle school.....Kenny is cool.......

1048277_1339222432628_full.jpg

I wish his taste in movies was as good as his taste in music. I remember when he argued that Hey, Ya was the greatest song, ever. Hard to defend, but I liked where his mind was going.

Other than watching Pokémon in my childhood, I'll never understand animé.

Most anime are shit, but some of good ones are out there. They're different from American cartoons in that they can be much more serious and deal with heavier shit. Also the artwork can be fucking gorgeous in some.

But again, most are shit. Especially the slice of life ones, or the Shonen types (think Dragon Ball Z).

Most anime are shit, but some of good ones are out there. They're different from American cartoons in that they can be much more serious and deal with heavier shit. Also the artwork can be fucking gorgeous in some.

But again, most are shit. Especially the slice of life ones, or the Shonen types (think Dragon Ball Z).

I had a bunch of friends who were huge Dragon Ball Z fans in middle and high school. The roommates I had after college were all massive nerds who were into RPG, comics, and animé. They liked Bleach and Avatar, as examples.

I had a bunch of friends who were huge Dragon Ball Z fans in middle and high school. The roommates I had after college were all massive nerds who were into RPG, comics, and animé. They liked Bleach and Avatar, as examples.

I first was drawn to anime by Spirited Away.....found it on the internet and watched the whole thing even though there were no English subs, just drawn by the novelty of the animation.......same reason I am drawn by many of the games on the internet......I don't even need to level up except to be able to roam around and look at some of the 3d animation in new areas......

Avatar isn't technically anime, since it's western made. Still a good show though. Dragon Ball is a fun adventure series that holds up fairly well today. Z however is pretty shitty and was really only popular because it was one of the first Shonens and a lot of western kids first exposure to anime. The latest iteration, Super, is.... well it's better than Z.

Back