Gonzalez testimony reviews are in: "It was like clubbing a baby seal"

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Abu Ghraib Gonzalez: What a joke this dude is. Even crazy, theocratic republican wingnut, Senator Coburn, suggested to his face that Abu might want to resign

-CNN’s Suzanne Malveaux: [White House officials] believe Gonzales is in trouble. … Two senior White House aides here describing the situation, Gonzales’ testimony, as “going down in flames.” That he was “not doing himself any favors.” One prominent Republican describing watching his testimony as “clubbing a baby seal.”

-CNN’s Dana Bash: "Loyal Republican after loyal Republican in this hearing room, and more specifically, in private to CNN today have made it clear that they are frankly flabbergasted by how poorly they think the attorney general has done in this hearing. … During the lunch break, in private, several very loyal Republicans made it clear to CNN that they were really dripping with disappointment."

they guy is so in over his head.

This pack of Republicans are so stupid they dont know how to pick someone smart enough to fill a position.

They really seem to think partisanship towards the neocons equates with ability and wisdom.

They have no idea what is in the best interest of this country and dont care.

Whatsamatta, gonzo is loyal to Bush, what more do they want out of him ?

You mean he is actually supposed to do his job for the country too ?

The thing is he supposedly prepared for this hearing...I can't imagine what his testimony would have been like if he hadn't prepared!

Yeah and he had extra time, this was delayed because of the VA TEch tragedy.

Is he stupid or just can come up with no reasons/defense ?

since he is a Bushie, I lean towards the stupid angle.

The thing is he supposedly prepared for this hearing...I can't imagine what his testimony would have been like if he hadn't prepared!

I know! That's what boggles the mind. Who the hell was preparing this guy? Bevis and Butthead?

The caliber of the people this president has picked is both sickening and alarming. It should be the cream of the crop, but it's the bottom of the barrel. He couldn't have done worse if he had issued a command "find me the biggest fools of our generation, and I shall place them throughout the government in the highest positions". Maybe he did issue that command, because you could swing a dead cat and hit ten people, by accident, on every swing, more qualified, and smarter, than the fools this guy has running our country.

Can you believe this guy was considered for the supreme court?

I mean, I'm sure he's not stupid. But, his bumbling, incoherent answers bordered on embarrassing. He is not even close to being SCOTUS material.

I know! That's what boggles the mind. Who the hell was preparing this guy? Bevis and Butthead?

The caliber of the people this president has picked is both sickening and alarming. It should be the cream of the crop, but it's the bottom of the barrel. He couldn't have done worse if he had issued a command "find me the biggest fools of our generation, and I shall place them throughout the government in the highest positions". Maybe he did issue that command, because you could swing a dead cat and hit ten people, by accident, on every swing, more qualified, and smarter, than the fools this guy has running our country.
For "fools" substitute "pricks" and you're pretty much dead on, I think. ;)

These people actually value pig-headedness, arrogance and machismo. What can we expect? They have a place but it ain't anywhere near the Hallowed Halls of Power.

LOL. "Swing a dead cat" - I've got to admit, that's one of the weirdest metaphors I've ever heard. :D

Hey AHZ some of the old ladies after me do it all the time :rolleyes:
Okay, now I'm really confused. Yeah, yeah: that's nothing new. Restrain yourself Asshat.

Is AssHatZombie really Watermark or has Uscitizen lost the thread of his thoughts? Or both? Or is Uscitizen AHZ and just stringing us all along by the nose?

I think you folks are way off cue. Gonzales did his best to deflect blame away from Bush. I don't see any charges against Bush. Gonzales did exactly what he was supposed to do. He will be rewarded with a position on a corporate board, just as Tenet and Bremer were (as I TOLD you they would be).

Wake up.

I think you folks are way off cue. Gonzales did his best to deflect blame away from Bush. I don't see any charges against Bush. Gonzales did exactly what he was supposed to do. He will be rewarded with a position on a corporate board, just as Tenet and Bremer were (as I TOLD you they would be).

Wake up.
You think he's falling on his sword for the Emperor? Could be. I definitely think that's what Tenet did . . . .

Okay, now I'm really confused. Yeah, yeah: that's nothing new. Restrain yourself Asshat.

Is AssHatZombie really Watermark or has Uscitizen lost the thread of his thoughts? Or both? Or is Uscitizen AHZ and just stringing us all along by the nose?

Off on a tangent, think of the "Are you being served" name for a cat.....
A saggy old lady,etc....

Back