Good article... well worth the read.

so they are still melting in the "Great Melting Pot" nation of the USA ? Amazing how a non religious government can do such things isn't it ?
:rolleyes:

btw, I just realized in scanning this that McKinney got her just dues, poor thig.

did you mean poor thug?

A lot of people need to read Clifton Taulbert's Once Upon a Time When We Were Colored book and see how a poor black kid made it out of a southern, racist, Misisisppi upbringing to success. It wasn't the government that did it. I recommend this book as it is also a good read.

uscitizen, I just borrowed your "rebuttlicken" word for use on the other site. I think I gave you proper credit for it though.:)

"Even considering only those whose blackness is not in question, there are fissures that complicate the civil rights narrative. Afro-Caribbeans have a substantially higher median income than American-born blacks, for example. And 8 percent of today’s black population consists of recent arrivals from Africa; astoundingly, more African immigrants have arrived voluntarily since 1990 than the number who once came as slaves, according to the New York Times. These immigrants, too, have far higher employment and education levels than native-born blacks. In the old narrative, white racism is keeping black folks from succeeding. But while native-born blacks do indeed have a substantially lower median income than whites, what do we make of African immigrants, who on average are staying in school longer and earning more than whites?"

The above is a good example of why Jesse Jacksonites are fading.

Back