Good for him!!!

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- Police say a man they pulled over for driving drunk continued to swig his beer during his arrest. Patrick Allain, 35, faces numerous charges after his arrest Monday night, the fourth time he's been arrested for driving while intoxicated. Police say he hit two other cars and initially refused to stop when officers tried to pull him over.

When he finally stopped, Allain allegedly continued to drink a 40-ounce bottle of beer, telling officers, "You can charge me with whatever you want. It's not going to stop me from drinking and driving."

Buying beer's going to be a little more difficult without a driver's license. They tend to look askance at those state issued ID cards, at least here in California, anyway.

Legally speaking it might have been the smartest thing he could do. If the guy was drinking after being pulled over, any breathalizer results would be invalid as its not illegal to drink after driving. His defense would clearly be that the reason his blood alch level is so high is from the beer he had AFTER being pulled over!

Legally speaking it might have been the smartest thing he could do. If the guy was drinking after being pulled over, any breathalizer results would be invalid as its not illegal to drink after driving. His defense would clearly be that the reason his blood alch level is so high is from the beer he had AFTER being pulled over!
Blood test would be used in this case as a back up.

So just the open container law and public drunk, leaving the scene of an accident, evading a police officer, etc ?
I did not read the whole thing, how did the guy even have a liscence. To me after 3 times you should not get to drive legally for 10 years or so.

How funny would it be if he got off because of that defense?

he might possibly evade the DUI charge but I suspect leaving the scene of an accident is a felony crime....

"How funny would it be if he got off because of that defense?"

actually, it might work if it was his first offense. I have known a few that have escaped that way. But the fourth time? Somehow I doubt it will work.

I figure that guy will be doin some time.
If the DUI fails they will max him out on the other crimes .
And his statement on not keeping him from drinking and driving allows the judge to refuse or set bail very high.

I figure that guy will be doin some time.
If the DUI fails they will max him out on the other crimes .
And his statement on not keeping him from drinking and driving allows the judge to refuse or set bail very high.
I think this guy's trying to get some free room and board from the taxpayers of New Hampshire.

;)

Back