Good News

Cancel7

Banned
I bet Mad Men is going to get a third season , for sure now. Not only did their ratings jump up from last year (though they are still not great) but they have an unusually affluent audience, which means advertisers will be jumping on board big time. This is excellent news, because I love this show.

"Mad Men" ended its second season on a high note.

Sunday's finale averaged 1.75 million total viewers at 10 p.m. Sunday, which was 89% higher than the tally for the drama's first-season finale (926,000) a year ago. Over three airings (10 p.m., 11 p.m. and 1 a.m.), the episode pulled in a total of 2.9 million viewers.

Compared with Season 1, "Mad Men's" sophomore run saw a 63% increase in total viewers (an average of 1.5 million viewers vs. 925,000), a 109% jump in the adults 18-49 demo (705,000 vs. 338,000) and an 81% increase in adults 25-54 (780,000 vs. 430,000).

AMC also said that 49% of the adults 25-54 viewers that tuned in during Season 2 have household incomes above $100,000, giving the show the strongest concentration of upscale viewers in that demo than any other original scripted series on basic cable.

While still modestly rated, the series has generated a great deal of buzz and critical acclaim, including becoming the first basic cable program to win a major series category at the Primetime Emmys with its best drama trophy in September. While it has yet to be renewed for a third season as series producer Lionsgate negotiates a new deal with creator/executive producer Matthew Weiner, all parties expect a pickup.

This weekend was a busy one for the "Mad Men" contingent: Along with the season finale, star Jon Hamm hosted NBC's "Saturday Night Live," and his co-stars Elisabeth Moss and John Slattery made special appearances during the late-night sketch-comedy show.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i34f7f506b62f75e4928c7443946db31c

Darla, I just found out about this show not too long ago. I got the first season on DVD as a gift and just finished watching it. I found the first episode of season two online. I cannot find the next episodes though. On Demand has episodes 7 - 12 or something close to that. Where can I find episodes 2 - 6 for season two??? Do I have to wait until DVD? It's killing me!

Darla, I just found out about this show not too long ago. I got the first season on DVD as a gift and just finished watching it. I found the first episode of season two online. I cannot find the next episodes though. On Demand has episodes 7 - 12 or something close to that. Where can I find episodes 2 - 6 for season two??? Do I have to wait until DVD? It's killing me!

cawacko i don't know, i am in the same position you are. i saw a couple of episodes of the second season, and really liked them. then when i broke my shoulder, my bf bought me the first season on dvd, so i would have something to watch the first couple of days when i couldn't go to work. i watched the whole first season in a couple of days. i can't wait for season two to come out on dvd.

cawacko i don't know, i am in the same position you are. i saw a couple of episodes of the second season, and really liked them. then when i broke my shoulder, my bf bought me the first season on dvd, so i would have something to watch the first couple of days when i couldn't go to work. i watched the whole first season in a couple of days. i can't wait for season two to come out on dvd.

i didn't realize you actually broker your shoulder I thought you just injured it. That sucks, i'm sorry. I'm still hobbling around the office on crutches myself.

There are almost no TV shows that I watch but for whatever reason I got hooked on this one.

i didn't realize you actually broker your shoulder I thought you just injured it. That sucks, i'm sorry. I'm still hobbling around the office on crutches myself.

There are almost no TV shows that I watch but for whatever reason I got hooked on this one.

thanks. i forgot you had surgery, sorry! i guess we are both in sad shape. ;)

i know me too. i don't know what it is about the show.

I'm telling you, those 'seasons' on DVD are dangerous, one literally loses days. Last Christmas I got season three of "24", lost the entire week before New Years. That had followed losing serious time in the summer, watching season 1 & 2. :eek:

Hope your shoulder is mending quickly. :clink:

It doesn't look that appealing to me. I always try 1 or 2 new shows each season. Watching Fringe this season... its OK so far. And ashamed to admit i like the new Knight Rider show. LOL

Back