Good parents?

cancel2 2022

Canceled
This reminds me of the famous Philip Larkin poem.

This Be The Verse

They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another's throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don't have any kids yourself.

This Be The Verse

YouTube - BEST PARENTS EVER!!! (Chainsaw Wakeup) Is it Cute/Win/Fail?

Your parenting skills SUCK, Tom!

I will lay a bet that you buy bottled water, which is possibly one of the most powerful examples of the triumph of marketing over any sense of reality. The only question in my mind is do you choose Perrier, Evian or Dasani?

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0304-04.htm

bottled water tastes better than tap water....at least where i live

then again, you have piss in your cheerios or i guess wheatabix every morning :)

This Be The Verse

YouTube - BEST PARENTS EVER!!! (Chainsaw Wakeup) Is it Cute/Win/Fail?

OMG that was hilarious! If I had a chainsaw, I'd do it.

This was attributed to Mark Twain: Mark Twain once advised parents that when their child turns 13 they should put them in a barrel, close the lid, and feed them through a hole in the side. When they turn 16, Twain suggested parents close the hole!

That was a pretty dumb prank since it didn't teach them anything, other than maybe that they chose their lineage unwisely.

bottled water tastes better than tap water....at least where i live

then again, you have piss in your cheerios or i guess wheatabix every morning :)

That's a pretty sad indictment about the water quality where you live. Our water here comes from a reservoir so it's pretty good. I don't like bottled water cause it taste stale or picks up the taste of plastic bottles and it has about 10,000 to 100,000 times the biological load that tap water has.

Now I used to live in a farm house and we had well water. It was so hard and so contaminated with ferrobacteria that you could sit a glass on the counter and an hour later it would change color to a light orange color. I had to shock the well about ever other month to get rid of it but it still tasted awful due to all the dissolved solids.

I will lay a bet that you buy bottled water, which is possibly one of the most powerful examples of the triumph of marketing over any sense of reality. The only question in my mind is do you choose Perrier, Evian or Dasani?

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0304-04.htm

I love bottled water. only poor proles actually drink water that goes through PUBLIC PIPES lol.

We also have a water cooler. Nothing better than nice chilled purified water.

I love bottled water. only poor proles actually drink water that goes through PUBLIC PIPES lol.

We also have a water cooler. Nothing better than nice chilled purified water.

AWWA's sixth annual “Best of the Best” Water Taste Test was won by the Stevens Point (Wis.,) Water Department. At ACE10's Tuesday competition, 21 North American utilities battled for the title of absolute best-tasting tap water after winning their AWWA Section contests.
http://www.awwa.org/publications/StreamlinesArticle.cfm?itemnumber=54724

Its the minerals that make it taste good.

Its also potentially bad for your health, since you may not be getting fluoride, along with other micro nutrients.
Exactly. Most people believe they get the calcium they need for strong bones from dairy products but the truth is, the calcium in dairy products is not the form of calcium (hydroxy apetite) used to build bones. That form of calcium comes mostly from the water you drink.

Back