GOP congressman tweets racist rant about Haitian immigrants

Dutch Uncle

* Tertia Optio * Defend the Constitution
More proof MAGAts are unapologetic racists. They're going to get a lot of Americans killed before this is over.

GOP congressman tweets racist rant about Haitian immigrants​

The now-deleted post by Rep. Clay Higgins, R-La., also repeated false claims the migrants are "eating pets" and called Haiti "the nastiest country in the western hemisphere."

Rep. Clay Higgins, R-La., called Haiti the "nastiest country in the western hemisphere" in a post on social media Wednesday, saying migrants from the Caribbean country, the majority of whom are in the U.S. legally, should "get their ass out of our country."

Higgins' rant on X — which was deleted hours later — came in response to an Associated Press story about a Haitian nonprofit group that filed a citizen criminal charge against former President Donald Trump and Sen. JD Vance for their repeated baseless claims about migrants in Springfield, Ohio, including Trump's assertion at the presidential debate they were "eating the dogs" and "eating the cats."

Eventually, we're all going to realize that people are the same everywhere. Most people work hard & just want better lives for themselves and their families.

Hate will not be part of our future like it is today.

Eventually, we're all going to realize that people are the same everywhere. Most people work hard & just want better lives for themselves and their families.

Hate will not be part of our future like it is today.
you people are the liars and haters.

are you going somewhere or changing your evil and divisive ways?

Well the MAGA morons have control of the house and they have no morals or sense of right or wrong so they love this kind of shit.
Have a nice day
Americans seem to be tiring of their divisive, hateful rhetoric. There could be a blue wave in November. When the MAGAts become violent, I expect Americans will support shooting them down in the streets as violent terrorists and enemies of the Constitution.

Americans seem to be tiring of their divisive, hateful rhetoric. There could be a blue wave in November. When the MAGAts become violent, I expect Americans will support shooting them down in the streets as violent terrorists and enemies of the Constitution.
I don't know about shooting them, but if they break the law they should go to jail and maybe we can be like Trump and deal with the due process of law LATER.

More proof MAGAts are unapologetic racists. They're going to get a lot of Americans killed before this is over.

GOP congressman tweets racist rant about Haitian immigrants​

The now-deleted post by Rep. Clay Higgins, R-La., also repeated false claims the migrants are "eating pets" and called Haiti "the nastiest country in the western hemisphere."

Rep. Clay Higgins, R-La., called Haiti the "nastiest country in the western hemisphere" in a post on social media Wednesday, saying migrants from the Caribbean country, the majority of whom are in the U.S. legally, should "get their ass out of our country."

Higgins' rant on X — which was deleted hours later — came in response to an Associated Press story about a Haitian nonprofit group that filed a citizen criminal charge against former President Donald Trump and Sen. JD Vance for their repeated baseless claims about migrants in Springfield, Ohio, including Trump's assertion at the presidential debate they were "eating the dogs" and "eating the cats."
I think Jesus would want us to have pity on refugees from war zones, but that ethos doesn't seem to be taught in white conservative evangelical churches.

I think Jesus would want us to have pity on refugees from war zones, but that ethos doesn't seem to be taught in white conservative evangelical churches.
Agreed.

OTOH, I also support the idea of building a world coalition to stop the cause of refugees. In 2015/2016, Hillary was advocating, IIRC, allowing up to 100K Syrian refugees to come to the US. While that's very Christian, 1) it won't save all the refugees, 2) won't stop the mass killings and 3) doesn't stop a dictator from gassing his own people. Better, IMHO, to take out the people causing the violence and refugees.

The US has a leadership position in the Free World...or used to have one. We should never act unilaterally as Bush did in Iraq but more like his dad did 10 years earlier: build a coalition of freedom-supporting nations to stop the carnage by taking out the assholes. Easier said than done since state like Russia and Iran would be against this idea.

Agreed.

OTOH, I also support the idea of building a world coalition to stop the cause of refugees. In 2015/2016, Hillary was advocating, IIRC, allowing up to 100K Syrian refugees to come to the US. While that's very Christian, 1) it won't save all the refugees, 2) won't stop the mass killings and 3) doesn't stop a dictator from gassing his own people. Better, IMHO, to take out the people causing the violence and refugees.

The US has a leadership position in the Free World...or used to have one. We should never act unilaterally as Bush did in Iraq but more like his dad did 10 years earlier: build a coalition of freedom-supporting nations to stop the carnage by taking out the assholes. Easier said than done since state like Russia and Iran would be against this idea.
You're right, I don't think, and never have, that the USA is in the position to materially help all refugees.

Back