Got me a new impact wrench

:eek: (my reaction when I saw the end!)

But seriously, you could explain to me what an impact driver is, if you please. I've been looking at a nice little Bosch that's designed for cramped spaces as well as general work. I don't understand the term "impact" driver, though. I just wanted a good drill/driver and do like the Bosch line of tools.

LOL...........

But seriously, you could explain to me what an impact driver is, if you please. I've been looking at a nice little Bosch that's designed for cramped spaces as well as general work. I don't understand the term "impact" driver, though. I just wanted a good drill/driver and do like the Bosch line of tools.

Damn I have alot to do this afternoon...still waiting for us cit's response to this question...guess I will have to wait...as I do believe thorn stumped the little munchkin with a little impact driver wrench...no wonder momma left and he was afraid to admit it and took the draft like a good little boy!:cof1:

It is called an impact wrench. Sockets go on the end and it loosens and tightens nets and bolts. It has a hammer or two that sort of rotary wham at the shaft that turns the socket creating lots of tourque as the film demonstrated.

Think of them as a rotary jackhammer. Most are powered by compressed air. My largest pneumatic one will twist a 1 inch bolt in half if you are not careful.

Now if you are looking at an impact drill they are designed to use special bits and drill in masonary, they do very well to. Very handy for running wires thru concrete walls or dtilling holes for expansion anchors.

New Britain only a bomb Shoup the cuff, flew fought a long shot a condom Schoenfeld.

^ Something I got by saying random syllables into vista voice recongnition.

New Britain only a bomb Shoup the cuff, flew fought a long shot a condom Schoenfeld.

^ Something I got by saying random syllables into vista voice recongnition.

Ohh I thought you were quoting Topper.
Now we know how topper posts. Voice recognition software not set up for Cajuns.

It is called an impact wrench. Sockets go on the end and it loosens and tightens nets and bolts. It has a hammer or two that sort of rotary wham at the shaft that turns the socket creating lots of tourque as the film demonstrated.

Think of them as a rotary jackhammer. Most are powered by compressed air. My largest pneumatic one will twist a 1 inch bolt in half if you are not careful.

Now if you are looking at an impact drill they are designed to use special bits and drill in masonary, they do very well to. Very handy for running wires thru concrete walls or dtilling holes for expansion anchors.

Thanks, usc! That sounds like it would have a relatively limited application for a homeowner; better to rent the tool for a day if you need it rather than to buy it.

Thanks, usc! That sounds like it would have a relatively limited application for a homeowner; better to rent the tool for a day if you need it rather than to buy it.

yep it just allows some to be more efficient at breaking things ;)

But they do make a sound that is so cool it will cause male rednecks to orgasm on the spot.

Back