Gran Torino

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel3
  • Start date Start date
C

Cancel3

Go see this movie.

One of the best films I have seen in a long time. Clint Eastwood is excellent.

Some people at work saw some scenes and were unlikely to see it because of scenes with racism apparent.

Clint plays a racist, and they did not pull any punches in his language. It is part of the development of the character. You hate him at first.

See it.

I plan on it and there is not way to really face the race issue realistically without doing portraying it in all his ugly reality.

I love to hear the man grows in the movie.

I just saw it, it was really really good.

As far as the racism, it's just his character. And honestly, he's kind of almost a lovable racist, perhaps in the light of archie bunker. He's just an old guy and doesn't know any better - that's kind of how they made his character.

The racism in this movie is more about just giving people shit equally. Black white mexican or asian

Say what...he played a guy who hated gangs...how is that racists? This is just a updated version of his Dirty Harry/ spagetti westerns...good vs evil!

i think it's the fact that he called blacks spooks and asians chinks, fishheads, zips, and gooks that made him a slightly racist character.

I just saw it, it was really really good.

As far as the racism, it's just his character. And honestly, he's kind of almost a lovable racist, perhaps in the light of archie bunker. He's just an old guy and doesn't know any better - that's kind of how they made his character.

The racism in this movie is more about just giving people shit equally. Black white mexican or asian

I'm not sure its racism. That would mean he disliked people based on their race. I didn't see anyone that he liked. He used racist terms, but he disliked everyone.

Say what...he played a guy who hated gangs...how is that racists? This is just a updated version of his Dirty Harry/ spagetti westerns...good vs evil!

I think it goes much deeper than the Dirty Harry movies.

Some of the scenes that I heard of would definitely have made me uncomfortable.

Yeah, some of the language made me cringe a little. But it worked.

Yeah, the commercials don't show you much of what its about.

The commercials sort of made it look like some kind of "action-packed" Dirty Harry type film, and I just wasn't all that interested in seeing it. If it was of the same kind of quality that Million Dollar Baby was I may go and see it.

The commercials sort of made it look like some kind of "action-packed" Dirty Harry type film, and I just wasn't all that interested in seeing it. If it was of the same kind of quality that Million Dollar Baby was I may go and see it.

Go see it, WM. You won't be sorry.

it's not an "Action" movie in the slightest. It's basically all dialogue. It's also like 8.4 on imdb which is an absolutely sick rating if you are familiar with that site.

it's not an "Action" movie in the slightest. It's basically all dialogue. It's also like 8.4 on imdb which is an absolutely sick rating if you are familiar with that site.

Absolutely right, Grind. Its not an action movie at all. This is a great movie folks. Forget Harry Callahan. Forget Blondie. Forget Josey Wales. Forget William Munny. Forget all his action movies.

This is a movie about a man coming to terms with himself and his past.

See it.

Last edited:
Back