Great Moments in Punditry...

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
1) DIXIE, October 2006: “IRAQ: the single greatest military accomplishment of our generation!”

2) -Dick Cheney, May 2005: "The insurgency is in it's final throes".

DIXIE, March 2006: "I think the VP was right, they have been in the final throes, and we are in the process of finishing them off." (fullpolitics.com)

3) DIXIE, June 2006: “Zarqawi’s death spells the end for al Qaeda in Iraq! There have been dozens of captures and arrests made since the discovery of the documents, we frikin hit the mother-load on information, and the "insurgency" is about to meet its demise! Another bad day for Pinheads! (fullpolitics.com)

4) DIXIE: June 2005: “WAY back... when Pinheads were arguing that WMD's weren't a good enough reason to go to war in Iraq, I made a very detailed post on Politics.com Opinion board, where I listed 22 connections between Saddam and alQaeda. People mostly laughed at me and called me names... questioned my credibility, and never even noticed that I had posted Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's name for the first time on the board. He was treated at a hospital operated by one of Saddam's sons, and this was not Zarqawi's first visit to Iraq, nor his last….So, alQaeda was inside of Iraq, and fully operational before we went into Iraq.”

United States Senate Bipartisan Iraq Intelligence Investigation - Phase 2, September 8 2006- Conclusion: "Postwar findings indicate Zarqawi was in Bagdad from May 2002 until late November 2003. Postwar assessment indicates that Saddam Hussein attempted, unsuccessfuly to locate and capture Zarqawi and that the regime DID NOT have a relationship, harbor, or turn a blind eye toward Zarqawi. "

5) DIXIE, April 2005: “I doubt we lose another 500 men in Iraq. “

He has been optimistically dead wrong about everything about Iraq since before we invaded. And oddly enough, so has his loverboy in blue jeans, the pResident and his cabal of incompetent cronies.

If I had been that consistently dead wrong, I am pretty sure that either I would start playing cribbage on Yahoo and leave politics to those who knew what they were talking about, or I would lose about 99% of the bluster and attitude, read a lot more of what other people wrote, bombast a whole lot less and hopefully get myself smart enough to where I might be able to contribute something meaningful, other than gag line material.

But hey...that's me...and unlike Dixie, my mom and dad are not blood relatives, so I guess we cannot really expect much more from him, other than great material to laugh at.

He has been optimistically dead wrong about everything about Iraq since before we invaded. And oddly enough, so has his loverboy in blue jeans, the pResident and his cabal of incompetent cronies.

If I had been that consistently dead wrong, I am pretty sure that either I would start playing cribbage on Yahoo and leave politics to those who knew what they were talking about,

LOL!

Back