Great news! Iraq is NOT in a civil war...

Onceler

That's a relief...Bush said yesterday that it isn't civil war; it's just Al Qaeda trying to get the different factions to fight with each other. Seems to be working right now.

He DID say it's "tough," though - ""No question it's tough, no question about it," Bush said - that's quite an admission. Maybe he'll think twice before telling them to "Bring it on!" next time around.

What a colossal, unmitigated douche...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,232257,00.html

I would not discount the fact that Alqaeda may have spurred this civil war onward....

it is a civil war now, full fledge imo.

bush and dixie seem to be two of a dwindling handful of idiots who refuse to admit this is a civil war. clearly, their motivation for such refusal is their fervent desire to never have to admit making a mistake.

sad, really.

I would not discount the fact that Alqaeda may have spurred this civil war onward....

it is a civil war now, full fledge imo.
I

I agree with all of that. This whole thing has been a dream for Al Qaeda; I doubt OBL could have hoped for a better response to 9/11 than Iraq. Bush has been the perfect catalyst for pretty much everything they want to happen.

bush and dixie seem to be two of a dwindling handful of idiots who refuse to admit this is a civil war. clearly, their motivation for such refusal is their fervent desire to never have to admit making a mistake.

sad, really.

Its partisan motivations that allow people like Dixie to deny its a civil war - it would be an admission of Bush's failure.

Colonel Ralph Peterson (an iraq war proponent, originally) made a good point on Cspan this am: he said its important to call it what it is - a civil war - because the military and diplomatic tactics one uses against a civil war are different than one would use against an insurgency. So, you have to be honest with yourself in order to begin to use the right tactics.

and you suppose that Dixie gives a shit about us using the right tactics? He could give a FUCK how many Americans die or how many Iraqis die.... he will NEVER admit that he has made a mistake.

and you suppose that Dixie gives a shit about us using the right tactics? He could give a FUCK how many Americans die or how many Iraqis die.... he will NEVER admit that he has made a mistake.

Good point. Dixie's main motivation is too defend the man in tight blue jeans from criticism. Not to defend america's best interests.

Back