Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hotel California

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Ring of Fire

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • American Pie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would've suggested an approval poll, because it makes little sense to restrict people to just one vote for one person in an election, but really, what options do we have in either case?

us, you had two weeks to nominate a song and have someone else 'second' it, I am sorry if your song didn't qualify. Waterhead, I have no idea what you are bithcing and whining about, don't you need to check and see if Lithium is beating Ode to Joy or something? I've already said, when we have an established winner here, I'll challenge your winner, head to head. I thouhgt we had calrified that this was just for fun, and neither of us really has an 'exclusive' on the poll subject?

What? I had no idea we had to get a second. If I had known, I would've sent a message over to Ornot about it.

Never read that. I was just pickin' on you, kid ( :) ). What if both our polls pick "American Pie"?

Lithium beat Ode to Joy, BTW, and Hallejulah beat lithium. It's not random, it's very well structured so that the best songs will always rise to the top.

The final round is, of course, American pie vs. Hallejulah, something I probably could've seen whenever I looked at the list. American Pie killed the extremely weak song Ode to Joy, but hallejulah had a hard time against Lithium because of the large amount of uneducated simpletons on this site.

What? I had no idea we had to get a second. If I had known, I would've sent a message over to Ornot about it.

Go read the rules again, it states it clearly. American Pie almost didn't make the cut. I actually had to bend the rules to get that one on the list. My poll is not set to expire, so it could go on forever. I think it's a fairly good list of great songs, and in so much as you can have a 'greatest song' proclaimed, it is as good a system as any. I can't comprehend having to pick between Leonard Cohen and Nirvana, it seems a little awkward and uncomfortable to me for some reason.

Go read the rules again, it states it clearly. American Pie almost didn't make the cut. I actually had to bend the rules to get that one on the list. My poll is not set to expire, so it could go on forever. I think it's a fairly good list of great songs, and in so much as you can have a 'greatest song' proclaimed, it is as good a system as any. I can't comprehend having to pick between Leonard Cohen and Nirvana, it seems a little awkward and uncomfortable to me for some reason.

If you prefer leonard Cohen over Nirvana, just vote for Cohen. It's extremely unlikely that this will hurt a more preferred choice later on unless that choice was just too weak to win anyway.

What song would you have liked to see in the running for Greatest Rock Song of All-Time? I thought this was a fairly good list, myself. I can't think of any great contenders that were overlooked, although there are many that one might consider 'great' songs.
5:15 - The Who
White Room - Cream
The Bomber (with Bolero version) - James Gang

Back