Grinds Amazing (or not so?) Laydown in Poker

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
I think this may have been bad luck.. but at least I got away from it

Early position. I have pocket sevens. Guy In middle raises 3 bets.... guy in late calls. I call.

Flop is 7c Ad 8h. (rainbow) I check it to slow play.... it's check around.

Turn is an Ace of hearts. Full house bitches. I'm pretty happy. I bet half pot, I'm raised, guy in late calls the raise, I call the raise.

River: Ace. Now I'm like... oh shit. I was putting one of the guys on an Ace... or a higher pocket pair which would now fill up the board aces. Sucks. I check it because for some reason I definately feel beat at this point.. hell I am beat if someone has an eight. anyway... guy bets pot. Late guy goes all in.... I fold. I fold a full house. I was correct and the guy turns over the case ace. Other guy turns over QQ. I lost a marginal amount of money.

I think this may have been bad luck.. but at least I got away from it

Early position. I have pocket sevens. Guy In middle raises 3 bets.... guy in late calls. I call.

Flop is 7c Ad 8h. (rainbow) I check it to slow play.... it's check around.

Turn is an Ace of hearts. Full house bitches. I'm pretty happy. I bet half pot, I'm raised, guy in late calls the raise, I call the raise.

River: Ace. Now I'm like... oh shit. I was putting one of the guys on an Ace... or a higher pocket pair which would now fill up the board aces. Sucks. I check it because for some reason I definately feel beat at this point.. hell I am beat if someone has an eight. anyway... guy bets pot. Late guy goes all in.... I fold. I fold a full house. I was correct and the guy turns over the case ace. Other guy turns over QQ. I lost a marginal amount of money.

Good laydown. The key here is that your set of sevens turned into a pair of sevens with the Ace hitting the river. With the betting as it was, this was the correct move, and one that not many ameteurs could make. Most of us "fall in love" with our hands and can't get away from them. But poker is as much about how much you don't lose as it is about how much you win.

Back