Grind's Eyes Update

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
:seenoevil::seenoevil::seenoevil:

First, thank you to all those that reached out, posted, gave advice, and even followed up on me and took interest in my ojos. It is very much appreciated.

I finally went to the doctor today, and it seems I am MOSTLY ok.

Everything the doctor found and told me has made perfect sense and has explained why I have had the symptoms I have had. I can still bang the asian whores and no I don't have a tumor or anything else fucked up.

Basically, both my eyes have different issues. My right eye is ever so slightly nearsighted, whereas my left eye is ever so slightly has a case of astigmatism.

The way the doctor explained it to me, is that essentially both my eyes fight for dominance on how they want to focus, and eventually there is like a compromise and the brain puts together a clear picture.

If you remember, I told you guys that basically I thought I was seeing perfectly one day, and then the next everything got all fucked up. The doctor confirmed that for many people, the issue is people might slightly gradually lose their sight, and finally they hit a point (there is a first day for everyone) where they notice something is wrong. However, the doctor said that in my case ESPECIALLY, much more so than others, it would seem like a super hyper flip of very very very sudden change. With my eye setup in particular, even though my eyes were ever so slightly declining, one might have slightly declined more than the other and because of how my brain and eyes compose images, if one eye adjusts a bit more than the other, the whole fucking thing goes out of whack. Which basically explains what I was talking about. Basically one eye got a little out of line and the whole thing went to shit, and people with my case truly do have what seems like an overnight change, far more so than most others would experience. Which is why I was so fucking freaked out. So when I was talking about how I was perfect one day and then I wasn't... that's why. It's a big change all at once.

Before I went to the doctor I was doing a lot of self testing (to make sure I didn't have to go to the emergency room or w/e) and I would notice I would have widely different results. One thing I have learned from my condition is that if I focus on something for a while, my vision actually improves a bit. Basically both eyes just need a little longer while to adjust to the focus length and they end up dialing in a bit. I've noticed for example when I've been watching celtics games the score would be blurry at the beginning of the game and after a while it would seem better. Part of it is just the mind ignoring the bluriness but there also is a physical element of my eyes being able to dial in better.

The doctor then had me look at an image that I thought was pretty clear, but slightly blurry, then he showed me what my glasses would look like and I got that super HD feeling. THEN he took the glasses away and what I was able to read before become a blurry mess. So If I ever were to wear glasses, if I take them off it takes my eyes like .... maybe a couple of minutes to come back down to reality and find an image.

Overall though the doctor said my eyes were very very healthy, they are basically fine, and this is just something I have to get used to. He basically was like... "if you want glasses, you can get them just to have them around here and there, but you don't really need them.. just personal choice"

The doctor probably deals with people with serious conditions all the time, so in the grand scheme of things... I'm normal. Lots of people have worse vision. For me, especially with the incredibly sudden, overnight change in how I can perceive the world and how fast it's hit me all at once, it kinda sucks. But I guess this is basically normal for most people. Life's a bitch and then you die. Overall I am pretty relieved and I am happy it wasn't a more serious problem, this will have to take some getting used to but I am mostly lucky in the grand scheme of things. Both eyes are basically ok, they just fight each other, they take a little longer to dial in and focus now, I can't read digital clocks and sports scores any more, and leaves from far away have a blur to them. I'm probably down to 480p at long distance.

I may get glasses, I haven't decided yet, but getting them would basically amount to improving my tv watching experience and help me get the smart hot nerdy bookish chicks :cool:

Thanks again everyone for your concern and advice. I owe everybody that posted in that thread (1) empathy credit, redeemable for future use.

Cheers

Bottom Line: Getting old is fucked up.
"I can still bang the asian whores " See ... things aren't really that bad in your Life. :)

Great news!!!! (I think you'll be surprised how quickly you adjust to the changes...but a pair of glasses probably wouldn't hurt to have on hand, and there are some great styles out there....perhaps a touch of lasik down the road=that's pretty amazing these days..)
(I won't make any jokes about you watching celtics games....;)

You ought to be able to have LASIK treatment to correct both astigmatism and myopia.

probably... but the doctor really seemed to imply I have a very very minor case of both. He really put me at ease. The issue is the eyes both kinda fuck each other up.... but overall my vision is still pretty good. For example I don't even really need glasses for driving (legally at least... though to be fair some road signs are hard to read now until I am up on them). The main issue is that I didn't get the gradual decline most people get to have time to adjust... for me (even more so than other glasses wearers) it really is like an overnight change. Like a lightswitch on my eyes. If this happened slowly over a year it probably wouldn't be a big deal but I basically went to bed one day with perfect vision and the next everything is fucked up.

As for surgery and shit... maybe.. but perhaps I'll wait for some years for tech to improve and get future nanobots to perfect my eyes with lower risk.

Bottom Line: Getting old is fucked up.
"I can still bang the asian whores " See ... things aren't really that bad in your Life. :)

yeah getting old sucks. This is the first "you're getting old" bitch slap I've gotten from life.

yeah getting old sucks. This is the first "you're getting old" bitch slap I've gotten from life.
Yeah. Whoever said "It just gets better" is a lying sack of shit.
I now have to wear glasses to read ... and THEN ... go get a magnifying glass!!! :(

Thanks for posting the update; glad it wasn't more serious. That being said, if you start having any other unusual symptoms like numbness and/or tingling in hands or feet or face, or sudden weakness, get thee to the closest ER stat.

http://www.stroke.org/understand-stroke/recognizing-stroke/signs-and-symptoms-stroke

SUDDEN numbness or weakness of face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body

SUDDEN confusion, trouble speaking, or understanding

SUDDEN trouble seeing in one or both eyes

SUDDEN trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination

SUDDEN severe headache with no known cause

First, thank you to all those that reached out, posted, gave advice, and even followed up on me and took interest in my ojos. It is very much appreciated.

Everything the doctor found and told me has made perfect sense and has explained why I have had the symptoms I have had. I can still bang the asian whores and no I don't have a tumor or anything else fucked up.

Basically, both my eyes have different issues. My right eye is ever so slightly nearsighted, whereas my left eye is ever so slightly has a case of astigmatism.

The way the doctor explained it to me, is that essentially both my eyes fight for dominance on how they want to focus, and eventually there is like a compromise and the brain puts together a clear picture.

If you remember, I told you guys that basically I thought I was seeing perfectly one day, and then the next everything got all fucked up. The doctor confirmed that for many people, the issue is people might slightly gradually lose their sight, and finally they hit a point (there is a first day for everyone) where they notice something is wrong. However, the doctor said that in my case ESPECIALLY, much more so than others, it would seem like a super hyper flip of very very very sudden change. With my eye setup in particular, even though my eyes were ever so slightly declining, one might have slightly declined more than the other and because of how my brain and eyes compose images, if one eye adjusts a bit more than the other, the whole fucking thing goes out of whack. Which basically explains what I was talking about. Basically one eye got a little out of line and the whole thing went to shit, and people with my case truly do have what seems like an overnight change, far more so than most others would experience. Which is why I was so fucking freaked out. So when I was talking about how I was perfect one day and then I wasn't... that's why. It's a big change all at once.

Before I went to the doctor I was doing a lot of self testing (to make sure I didn't have to go to the emergency room or w/e) and I would notice I would have widely different results. One thing I have learned from my condition is that if I focus on something for a while, my vision actually improves a bit. Basically both eyes just need a little longer while to adjust to the focus length and they end up dialing in a bit. I've noticed for example when I've been watching celtics games the score would be blurry at the beginning of the game and after a while it would seem better. Part of it is just the mind ignoring the bluriness but there also is a physical element of my eyes being able to dial in better.

The doctor then had me look at an image that I thought was pretty clear, but slightly blurry, then he showed me what my glasses would look like and I got that super HD feeling. THEN he took the glasses away and what I was able to read before become a blurry mess. So If I ever were to wear glasses, if I take them off it takes my eyes like .... maybe a couple of minutes to come back down to reality and find an image.

Overall though the doctor said my eyes were very very healthy, they are basically fine, and this is just something I have to get used to. He basically was like... "if you want glasses, you can get them just to have them around here and there, but you don't really need them.. just personal choice"

The doctor probably deals with people with serious conditions all the time, so in the grand scheme of things... I'm normal. Lots of people have worse vision. For me, especially with the incredibly sudden, overnight change in how I can perceive the world and how fast it's hit me all at once, it kinda sucks. But I guess this is basically normal for most people. Life's a bitch and then you die. Overall I am pretty relieved and I am happy it wasn't a more serious problem, this will have to take some getting used to but I am mostly lucky in the grand scheme of things. Both eyes are basically ok, they just fight each other, they take a little longer to dial in and focus now, I can't read digital clocks and sports scores any more, and leaves from far away have a blur to them. I'm probably down to 480p at long distance.

I may get glasses, I haven't decided yet, but getting them would basically amount to improving my tv watching experience and help me get the smart hot nerdy bookish chicks :cool:

Thanks again everyone for your concern and advice. I owe everybody that posted in that thread (1) empathy credit, redeemable for future use.

Cheers

My Dad, Mom, most of my Aunts, and Uncles, all wore glasses. I'm an old Eagle Eye as my Mom calls me. I have amazing sight, and hearing for some reason. Maybe it's because of my OCD, nerve sensitivities.

My Dad, Mom, most of my Aunts, and Uncles, all wore glasses. I'm an old Eagle Eye as my Mom calls me. I have amazing sight, and hearing for some reason. Maybe it's because of my OCD, nerve sensitivities.

my parents and both brothers wear glasses. I knew I would probably get fucked eventually.

my parents and both brothers wear glasses. I knew I would probably get fucked eventually.

I got screwed with the family issue with kidney stones. Everyone on my Dads side has had them a couple times, including my four brothers, and one sister. I did get the lucky draw with hair though. All of my brothers are balding, and I have 80's metal locks, like Dave Mustaine.

Welcome to the old fart's club! :fart:

il_570xN.795660634_leth.jpg

Cheers

First I am glad to hear everything is essentially fine

Second and almost as important if not more so, I was 1000% correct that those who went on and on about diabetes and stroke are perfect examples of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing.

I never tire of being right.

PS

Break down and get the glasses. Can’t hurt to have around. And don’t listen to Tom with his lasik bullshit. You aren’t a candidate yet.

Back