Handgun shooters - what stance do you use? Isosceles? Weaver? A modified version?

Canceled.2014.1

I am in a discussion of shooting stances on another forum. I use the Isosceles stance, because it is what I was taught when I was learning to shoot.

Anyone have an opinion?

If only you'd been there.

But didn't you boast that you wouldn't have missed the perp and hit bystanders? How'd you determine that?

And this has what to do with the topic? There is already a thread open on this topic.

Now if you would lke to discuss shooting stances, feel free.

So you would've used the isosceles stance to kill Jeffrey Johnson without wounding any bystanders?

How'd that be different from what the police did?

You tend to use the stance you train with. Its called muscle memory. Which is why many people, myself included, criticize the police depts that do not have their people train at the range more often.

The other day you didn't seem to be troubled by thread topics.

The fact is that despite your boasting, you don't know how often the NYPD officers who shot Jeffrey Johnson trained.

Do you?

The other day you were adamant about other people not derailling threads. Now all of the sudden its ok?

You boasted that you thought you would have done a better job of killing Jeffrey Johnson without injuring any bystanders.

How often did the officers you criticized train?

They fired 16 rounds at a grown man that was less than 20 feet away. They injured 9 innocent bystanders. That is not the mark of someone who trains much. Either they lacked sufficient training or they were intentionally shooting bystanders. One of the bystanders was, Robert Asika, was only 8 feet from the officer who wounded him.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said the bystanders were not hit directly by police, but rather the officers' struck "flowerpots and other objects around, so their bullets fragmented and, in essence, that's what caused the wounds."

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/24/justice/new-york-empire-state/?hpt=hp_t3

If you want to assume there weren't ricochets, you are welcome to do so.

That is what they claim. So two police officers fired 16 rounds and missed enough times (from less than 20') to injure 9 people? That is not any better. Besides, this also says the police were shooting wildly.

Back