Happy 4th of July JPP! It is National laugh at the British Day!

Happy 4th, Yaya.

I'm such an Anglophile from my two years there, it is tough for me to laugh AT them.

Sometimes I laugh WITH them. When I was there, in the early 1950's, American music was all the rage...and the Brits had almost nothing. Their television shows always seemed to star American entertainers.

Little did they know or suspect about that!

Happy 4th, Yaya.

I'm such an Anglophile from my two years there, it is tough for me to laugh AT them.

Sometimes I laugh WITH them. When I was there, in the early 1950's, American music was all the rage...and the Brits had almost nothing. Their television shows always seemed to star American entertainers.

Little did they know or suspect about that!

Interesting, because, correct me if I'm wrong, we had the British music invasion in the 60s.

How did you like living there? I've always wanted to visit.

Interesting, because, correct me if I'm wrong, we had the British music invasion in the 60s.

How did you like living there? I've always wanted to visit.

It was great. I was living on a air base...but the countryside in England is terrific.

London is spectacular. I'm a history buff...so my many, many visits there were exciting.

My guess...you would love it.

It was great. I was living on a air base...but the countryside in England is terrific.

London is spectacular. I'm a history buff...so my many, many visits there were exciting.

My guess...you would love it.

I believe you are correct. I am a minor history buff myself. In junior high I beat all my uncles in history games. And my fellow students (female only) cheated off my exams all through high school. Never did get anything in return, but the ever lasting thought... :D

I will put it on my bucket list. Would also really like to visit Ireland. I eat lucky charms everyday for breakfast!

pyso3milcy711.jpg

+1 I lol'd

I believe you are correct. I am a minor history buff myself. In junior high I beat all my uncles in history games. And my fellow students (female only) cheated off my exams all through high school. Never did get anything in return, but the ever lasting thought... :D

I will put it on my bucket list. Would also really like to visit Ireland. I eat lucky charms everyday for breakfast!

Well...without doing any gloating, Yaya...

...I spent time in the south of England at an active archeological site doing work on pre-history excavations. Actually saw some stone-age tools excavated within days of my being there.

And I spent some time in Rome...and in Pompeii...where we managed to watch (for a very short period of time) the excavation of a part of the city that still was being revealed.

I love this country with all my heart...but for history or archeological buffs...England and Italy are "cannot miss" places.

Well...without doing any gloating, Yaya...

...I spent time in the south of England at an active archeological site doing work on pre-history excavations. Actually saw some stone-age tools excavated within days of my being there.

And I spent some time in Rome...and in Pompeii...where we managed to watch (for a very short period of time) the excavation of a part of the city that still was being revealed.

I love this country with all my heart...but for history or archeological buffs...England and Italy are "cannot miss" places.

That is truly awesome Frank. My university actually had an archeological school, had their own building. I went in and was allowed to peruse with an archeology student, thought it would be cool, but that lasted about a day as I was heavily pressured by family to complete a different profession.

I admire those who get to engage in it. Plus I don't think I have the temperament to do it.

Back