Happy Easter Everyone...

leaningright

Moderate Republican
Staff member
Easter has absolutely zero religious meaning for me. My sermon this Sunday will be about anything but the resurrection of Christ. But I love Easter. It's Spring. My kid gets to have an egg hunt. The weather is supposed to be very nice...Sunny, mid-80's. Get an extra day off from work...going to see Clash of the Titans. Plan to go fishing Saturday while my wife and my best friend's wife have a girls day at town. Since I'm looking forward to it so much I thought I wish everyone here a Happy Easter weekend. :)

Well, Easter has even less meaning for me. But we still enjoy the eggs and the GParents celebrate it.

Easter has great meaning for me. It is the one time of year where I can enjoy the Starburst jelly beans. For the life of me I can't figure out why they don't sell those things year round. But I am grateful they don't because I would be about 100 pounds heavier.

Easter has absolutely zero religious meaning for me. My sermon this Sunday will be about anything but the resurrection of Christ. But I love Easter. It's Spring. My kid gets to have an egg hunt. The weather is supposed to be very nice...Sunny, mid-80's. Get an extra day off from work...going to see Clash of the Titans. Plan to go fishing Saturday while my wife and my best friend's wife have a girls day at town. Since I'm looking forward to it so much I thought I wish everyone here a Happy Easter weekend. :)

If it's not too personal, why zero religious meaning?

Honey baked ham, scalloped potatoes, deviled eggs, and chocolate!

Your menu sounds close to my own! :good4u:

Ham
Roasted Asparagus (double)
Deviled Eggs (dozen)
Scalloped Potatoes with Creme Fraiche
Baked beans
Pineapple upside down cake
Lemon Meringue Pie
Snow Pea and Green Beans Salad
Tomato, Pepper and Onion Salad
Dinner Rolls
Coffee/Pop
Wine/Beer/Champagne
Jello

Despite the popularity of Christmas, Easter is the most important holiday in my Church, and Holy Week is the only time of the year that I attend mass 4 days in a row.

Back