Harassed by cop, lesbians win big settlement

christiefan915

Catalyst
Who wants to bet the cop wouldn't do this over a straight couple's PDA?

"Two vacationing lesbians who accused a Honolulu police officer of harassing them for kissing at a grocery store have won an $80,000 settlement from the city, their attorney said on Friday.

Courtney Wilson and Taylor Guerrero in a federal lawsuit filed in October 2015 in Hawaii alleged their constitutional rights were violated when officer Bobby Harrison told them to “take it somewhere else” and encouraged the store manager to issue trespass warnings.

Harrison, during the March 2015 fracas at the store, also confronted Wilson and Guerrero at a checkout stand, telling them to get out of the line, according to their lawsuit against the officer and the city and county of Honolulu.

Eric Seitz, an attorney for the two women, has said the officer initiated a physical altercation with them and that they struck back at him. The women, who were vacationing from California, were arrested for assault. The charges were later dropped."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/lesbians-honolulu-settlement_us_5740d19be4b00e09e89f4555

:rofl2: You and Leon aren't taking this seriously, I'm afraid.

Although the cop was definitely out of order, it is not clear from that article exactly what they were doing in public. I would suggest that a public store is not an appropriate place for any couple, irrespective of sexual orientation, to be seen 'kissing'. Anyway 80 grand is a good result for them, I would be more impressed if they gave that to charity but somehow I doubt it.

Back