Harris says she backs legalizing marijuana, going further than Biden

NakedHunterBiden

“It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”

Vice President Harris reaffirmed her support for legalizing marijuana Monday, speaking up on the issue publicly for the first time she became the Democratic nominee.

“I just think we have come to a point where we have to understand that we need to legalize it and stop criminalizing this behavior,” Harris said during a nearly hourlong interview on the sports and culture podcast “All the Smoke” released Monday.

“I just feel strongly people should not be going to jail for smoking weed,” she told hosts Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson. “And we know historically what that has meant and who has gone to jail.”

The vice president added that supporting marijuana legalization is “not a new position for me. I have felt for a long time we need to legalize it.”

Harris’s views on marijuana have evolved over the years.

She has been criticized for aggressively prosecuting marijuana-related crimes when she was San Francisco’s district attorney and California’s attorney general. She also spoke out against Proposition 19, the failed 2010 California ballot measure to legalize and regulate marijuana.

As a senator, Harris co-sponsored legislation to end the federal prohibition of marijuana. When she was running for president in 2019, she called for expunging nonviolent marijuana-related criminal offenses, something the Biden administration has now implemented.

Vice President Harris reaffirmed her support for legalizing marijuana Monday, speaking up on the issue publicly for the first time she became the Democratic nominee.

“I just think we have come to a point where we have to understand that we need to legalize it and stop criminalizing this behavior,” Harris said during a nearly hourlong interview on the sports and culture podcast “All the Smoke” released Monday.

“I just feel strongly people should not be going to jail for smoking weed,” she told hosts Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson. “And we know historically what that has meant and who has gone to jail.”

The vice president added that supporting marijuana legalization is “not a new position for me. I have felt for a long time we need to legalize it.”

She has been criticized for aggressively prosecuting marijuana-related crimes when she was San Francisco’s district attorney and California’s attorney general. She also spoke out against Proposition 19, the failed 2010 California ballot measure to legalize and regulate marijuana.

As a senator, Harris co-sponsored legislation to end the federal prohibition of marijuana. When she was running for president in 2019, she called for expunging nonviolent marijuana-related criminal offenses, something the Biden administration has now implemented.
What? She can be different than Biden? Impossible.

Will she let all the black men she unjustly imprisoned for Marijuana out now? Since she has changed yet another position.

You don't need to answer Hunter, let one of your fellow Marxists with a few more brain cells than you field it - like Tbird or Evince.

Will she let all the black men she unjustly imprisoned for Marijuana out now? Since she has changed yet another position.

You don't need to answer Hunter, let one of your fellow Marxists with a few more brain cells than you field it - like Tbird or Evince.
That would piss you off huh? I hope she does.

Back