Harvey

I've seen it a couple of times but never been able to warm to it. Mind you, I haven't seen it for many years so maybe I will look at it again?
Oh I think it's one of James Stewarts finest roles. Granted it's not exactly slap stick but it is a heart warming comedy. How Stewart manages to come across with such warmth and charm in every scene is amazing.

pick your pooka

It has been one of my favorite films since I was a child.

" My mother once told me you have to be oh so smart or oh so pleasant, I chose pleasant."

Apparently the project is still on, but Spielberg was more interested in working on stuff like Lincoln, so he walked away from it. I guess this means Hanks might not get the role. :cof1:

Apparently the project is still on, but Spielberg was more interested in working on stuff like Lincoln, so he walked away from it. I guess this means Hanks might not get the role. :cof1:
That's a problem. If I was an actor of Tom Hanks stature I think I would pass. Who in their right mind would want to be compared to the incomparable James Stewart? That's a lose/lose situation for Hanks as virtually any actor trying to perform that role would be compared to Stewart and found wanting.

Back