Hashtag #Ilovesummer!

Stone

Contributor
Keeping it simple tonight since the wife elected me Saturday night grill master. :) Steak kabobs with Onions, mushrooms, and red and green peppers, and olive oil rubbed baked potatoes on the other grill. Cut up a nice watermelon for desert. Oh, and some cold bottles of blue moon on ice. Invited another couple. Backyard BBQ baby!...LOVE me some summer. BTW,...my tan is awesome already. :laugh: Got the meat marinading now. Going to cut up my veggies soon so its not a big rush when they get here at 6. Have a great nite!

Keeping it simple tonight since the wife elected me Saturday night grill master. :) Steak kabobs with Onions, mushrooms, and red and green peppers, and olive oil rubbed baked potatoes on the other grill. Cut up a nice watermelon for desert. Oh, and some cold bottles of blue moon on ice. Invited another couple. Backyard BBQ baby!...LOVE me some summer. BTW,...my tan is awesome already. :laugh: Got the meat marinading now. Going to cut up my veggies soon so its not a big rush when they get here at 6. Have a great nite!

Living well is the best revenge.

There's not much better than an evening of great food with family and friends...;) Hit up 3 farmer's markets yesterday...Pounds and pounds of magnificent produce, breads, cheese, butter, and preserves... Never pass up fresh beets/ greens...just a tip...;)

There's not much better than an evening of great food with family and friends...;) Hit up 3 farmer's markets yesterday...Pounds and pounds of magnificent produce, breads, cheese, butter, and preserves... Never pass up fresh beets/ greens...just a tip...;)

Good advice. We love getting our sweet corn from the road side stands that spring up through summer.

I saw some chuck steaks on sale at the store so I thought what the hell, why not try them for the kabobs. They were priced really good for a non walmart type store IMO. Three of them,...nice sized, for 9.75. Im not much of a shopper nor do I know much about prices as my wife does most of that but seemed like a great deal to me. They were friggin GREAT! Marinaded them for hours before I cut them up. Will be doing them again thats for sure. Between those, some chicken kabobs, the bakers and some melon we had quite the feast.

Last edited:
Today is going to be a lazy one. Wife has food duty today! Kick back and watch a Baseball game, fall asleep on my lawn glider....:laugh: All yard work done for the week. Everything picked up, mowed, and trimmed. Most work this ole boy is doing today is maybe cutting up some watermelon! ;)

I saw some chuck steaks on sale at the store so I thought what the hell, why not try them for the kabobs. They were priced really good for a non walmart type store IMO. Three of them,...nice sized, for 9.75. Im not much of a shopper nor do I know much about prices as my wife does most of that but seemed like a great deal to me. They were friggin GREAT! Marinaded them for hours before I cut them up. Will be doing them again thats for sure. Between those, some chicken kabobs, the bakers and some melon we had quite the feast.
Sounds delicious... and that's a good price, for sure...(if you can ever find cross rib or chuck eye roasts, stock up...;))
And of course, all the skirt you can get:laugh:

Back