Have Any of You Seen . . .

OrnotBitwise

Watermelon
. . . a movie called The Fever? A point of curiosity only, but a persistent one. Vanessa Redgrave, Angelina Jolie, Michael Moore: a surprisingly good cast.

I'm curious as to what people here make of it. There is a point to this but I don't want to contaminate the "results" as it were. :)

For the record, it's not a particularly good movie, in my opinion. It's a polemic and polemics don't often make good drama. As a polemic, however, it's . . . well, there's that contamination issue again.

Any thoughts, anyone?

. . . a movie called The Fever? A point of curiosity only, but a persistent one. Vanessa Redgrave, Angelina Jolie, Michael Moore: a surprisingly good cast.

I'm curious as to what people here make of it. There is a point to this but I don't want to contaminate the "results" as it were. :)

For the record, it's not a particularly good movie, in my opinion. It's a polemic and polemics don't often make good drama. As a polemic, however, it's . . . well, there's that contamination issue again.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Ornot, I never even heard of it. When was it made?

Ornot, I never even heard of it. When was it made?
2004, I believe.

You, I'm sure, would like it as much as I did. More, even. I'm kind of hoping that some of our more conservative brethren and sisthren have seen it though. It could be both amusing and instructive.

:)

So, you managed to pull yourself together and come back to us after Asshat has 'whipped' you so many times.

So, you managed to pull yourself together and come back to us after Asshat has 'whipped' you so many times.

LOL. You have been on a roll lately Tiana.

Can you imagine, Ornot's all messed up, walking around talking to himself, had to go into therapy, on account of AHZ? It's too funny. Talk about delusional.

LOL. You have been on a roll lately Tiana.

Can you imagine, Ornot's all messed up, walking around talking to himself, had to go into therapy, on account of AHZ? It's too funny. Talk about delusional.

More like asshat was on a roll. I thought that was the funniest thread in a long time, it had everything, delusions, narcissism, crazy anti semetic tin foil mad hatters. It doesn't get any better than that.

I refuse to utterly degrade myself, and rape away all of my personal dignity and self-respect by watching this piece of commercial trash. I am surprised at you, Ornot.

Any thoughts, anyone?

I tried to watch it last night. I got through 30 minutes. The ambiguity in the country annoyed me.

I tried to watch it last night. I got through 30 minutes. The ambiguity in the country annoyed me.
I'm glad you tried, but you're not exactly my "target audience" Tiana. You're already Saved, as it were. ;)

As I said, it's not a good movie by most standards. It's certainly not for everyone, even when one can focus on it's strong points. It's emphatically allegorical, which most people have no patience for.

I'm curious about it for a very specific reason. I'm hoping that some of our more conservative cohorts may give it a try.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Never heard of it.

I'm glad you tried, but you're not exactly my "target audience" Tiana. You're already Saved, as it were. ;)

As I said, it's not a good movie by most standards. It's certainly not for everyone, even when one can focus on it's strong points. It's emphatically allegorical, which most people have no patience for.

I'm curious about it for a very specific reason. I'm hoping that some of our more conservative cohorts may give it a try.

It was actually a little too much for me. It was extremely contrived and un-natural.

Back