Have you ever had one of those days?

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
I have to go get a Cat Scan done on my liver today... I just don't feel like working too hard, spending too much energy on such...

Have you all ever had a day like that?

I have to go get a Cat Scan done on my liver today... I just don't feel like working too hard, spending too much energy on such...

Have you all ever had a day like that?

Yup, way too often.

Why the scan?

Home everything turns out ok Damo.

Yeah today has sucked for me too. Found evidence that a dog or coyote got one of my cats last night. I got the night vision scope out and put it on the 12GA for tonight.

What were your high levels?

We'll see. They are doing an abdominal scan with contrast... That means I have to drink that awful crap before I go in there...

Radio active dye does suck...had alot of C and MRI scans...really annoying and expensive...hope y'all are okay! Maybe just way too much coffee in your diet!

Radio active dye does suck...had alot of C and MRI scans...really annoying and expensive...hope y'all are okay! Maybe just way too much coffee in your diet!
Probably, plus I kind of let myself go for a while and gained some weight.. Weight itself can actually cause it as well....

So I'm in the waiting room... of all the days to forget a book! Thankfully my new cell phone has internet access! I would be exceedingly bored otherwise!

Let us know the results. I had to get that done as well and the barium really sucks.

My bad day was yesterday. They resently made a law in ohio that no one is allowed to smoke in any public building. It can't be enforced and is a stupid law, but that's ohio. Anyway my company jumped the gun and declared as of Dec 7 no one can smoke except in their one designated smoking area, outside in the cold. I told them I was quiting in that case and that Dec 6 would be my last day. They told me I was not going to be any use to them then and told me to go home. I was fired for quiting.

Oh well I was sick of that job anyway. And there's already a court order going in place to stop the smoking ban.

Darn!
I worked for some of the first companies to ban smoking in their buildings for over half of my career. I am a smoker and I made it.

no smoking in any public building was law in florida in 1990...your state is wayyyyy behind....

no smoking in massachusetts is the same....and no smoking in resterants either....

in Maine, there is no smoking in public buildings and none in resterants, I do not know when this took place....

its funny, when you travel to these third world countries that are run buy despots, where they are suppose to have NO FREEDOMS, smoking is allowed everywhere, even in the airports....

so much for us being the "land of the free"....

Last edited:
no smoking in any public building was law in florida in 1990...your state is wayyyyy behind....

no smoking in massachusetts is the same....and no smoking in resterants either....

in Maine, there is no smoking in public buildings and none in resterants, I do not know when this took place....

its funny, when you travel to these third world countries that are run buy despots, where they are suppose to have NO FREEDOMS, smoking is allowed everywhere, even in the airports....

so much for us being the "land of the free"....

I agree about the land of the free statement. And ohio has always been 20 years behind the rest of the country, and when they do make a change they screw it up or over react.

They are taking this law beyond just no smoking in stores and such. Businesses can't even have a smoking area inside the building. Smost HAVE to stand outside. Plus there is no smoking in resturants, bars, even tobaco stores that sell only tobaco. They plan to have a 100 dollar fine per person for any business reported. And encourage people to rat out the companies. Its a back door tax targeting smokers again.

Its smokers now, drinkers and food next. Big Brother is watching and waiting.

Colorado recently passed the one where you can't smoke in any public building including bars and restaurants... Thank the little gods I quit before the law went into effect, it's been a tough transition for a lot of the bars.

Sort of strange to still allow drinking in those bars when alcohol causes more problems to this country than smoking does...
But then this is America it is not always logical.

Sort of strange to still allow drinking in those bars when alcohol causes more problems to this country than smoking does...
But then this is America it is not always logical.
Well, I think remembering the 30s might tell people a little about banning substances, but heck... We know it doesn't. The "war on drugs" is a clear indication that this nation never learns from history.

Hopefully and likely nuthing to worry about... but good you are getting it checked out.

TOday better?

Back