Have you ever seen this...

Grugore

Verified User
When I was in the Navy, my ship was halfway between Long Beach and Hawaii. No light sources for hundreds of miles, a new moon, the sky was crystal clear and the ship was running dark. Has anyone ever seen the night sky under similar conditions? It's really something to behold. I'll never forget it.

When I was in the Navy, my ship was halfway between Long Beach and Hawaii. No light sources for hundreds of miles, a new moon, the sky was crystal clear and the ship was running dark. Has anyone ever seen the night sky under similar conditions? It's really something to behold. I'll never forget it.

You really got to get away from the light sources to have the Universe 'pop' at you.

Yes, in rural Thailand the night sky is just amazing.

Yes, in rural Thailand the night sky is just amazing.

I've never seen a sky like it before or since. Words cannot describe it. Pictures cannot do it justice. It's something you have to experience for yourself. Unfortunately, the majority never get the chance to do so. I pity them.

I have out on the Great Plains. Sure is awe inspiring.

Back