hdmi vs dvi-i

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
any difference? i have both cables and my monitor is a viewsonic 24 inch w/s hdmi, 1080p full HD....and i actually thought the hdmi cable displayed poorer quality than my dvi-i....i understand that hmdi carries both audio and video, doesn't matter for me as i have a seperate sound card....

DVI is more associated with computer monitors, and HDMI is generally more used with HDTV's. If your computer and monitor have both then just use whichever you like; there's probably not much real difference in visual quality. They're both digital standards. Also, I'm pretty sure HDMI has some sort of copy protection scheme that DVI doesn't have, although unless you want to copy movies that's not going to bother you.

here comes watermark with his google expertise passed off as his own knowledge. did not see that one coming. lets give him a round of applause.

סּ_סּ;530914 said:
here comes watermark with his google expertise passed off as his own knowledge. did not see that one coming. lets give him a round of applause.

LOL

סּ_סּ;530914 said:

The first post was what I knew off the top of my head. The second post obviously comes back with sources.

You're just a stupid ignorant prole. Go back to studying for the seventh year of your bachelor in political science.

You're just a stupid ignorant prole. Go back to studying for the seventh year of your bachelor in political science.

I already have a degree in political science, thanks. My field of work is IT. Which means I'm probably a better authority on politics AND computers than you are. :)

I already have a degree in political science, thanks. My field of work is IT. Which means I'm probably a better authority on politics AND computers than you are. :)

Accountants and librarians love IT people. It makes them feel interesting!:rolleyes:

Accountants and librarians love IT people. It makes them feel interesting!:rolleyes:

Mine was a blue smile indicating, according to the thing at the side, sarcasm. I put it in because I didnt think some would see the sarcasm.
Some years ago I was invited to a party held by a friend who was a librarian. There was NO conversation ... not even about books! Then I found a guy who said he wasn't a librarian. He was wearing a dark suit and lovat green shirt. My hopes were quickly dashed when he said, 'no, I'm not a librarian, I'm an accountant actually.' Looking at my watch I realised that some other mates were still down at the pub so I beat a hasty retreat. There were no such things as IT people then. (Not sure what 'IT' people do really. They dont appear to do very much at all.)

I run a 42" Samsung television as a PC monitor and watch HD and Blueray torrents from the harddrive.....HD programs from Hulu look better than "live" broadcasts in HD from the cable company in my opinion.....I have a signal splitter and simultaneously run a 17 monitor next to the computer so I can see what I am doing to set things up....I also have a wireless keyboard and mouse, so I COULD handle it from the couch, but it's usually not worth the hassle when I only need to set it up once per showing.....

Mine was a blue smile indicating, according to the thing at the side, sarcasm. I put it in because I didnt think some would see the sarcasm.
Some years ago I was invited to a party held by a friend who was a librarian. There was NO conversation ... not even about books! Then I found a guy who said he wasn't a librarian. He was wearing a dark suit and lovat green shirt. My hopes were quickly dashed when he said, 'no, I'm not a librarian, I'm an accountant actually.' Looking at my watch I realised that some other mates were still down at the pub so I beat a hasty retreat. There were no such things as IT people then. (Not sure what 'IT' people do really. They dont appear to do very much at all.)
So what's your chosen field that make you so interesting...

Back