Helvetica's a ripoff

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
250px-AGcomparison08.svg.png

That's something designed to specifically point out the differences between the two (and two other) typefaces, as well. The rest are essentially exactly the same.

Yes it is.
BUT it could be said that the Helvetica 'Q' is closer to the letter's original shape and therefore rather than being a rip off it is acting as a mentor to the otherQs. Not everyone agrees on the development of the shape of the Q but it is generally agreed that the proto-Sinaitic script, from which it seems to have evolved had the letter 'qof' drawn a bit like a tennis racket, and in Hebrew acquired the meaning Ape. monkey or eye of needle.
The Helvetica Q with its larger 'stroke' is closer to the original.

BUT it could be said that the Helvetica 'Q' is closer to the letter's original shape and therefore rather than being a rip off it is acting as a mentor to the otherQs. Not everyone agrees on the development of the shape of the Q but it is generally agreed that the proto-Sinaitic script, from which it seems to have evolved had the letter 'qof' drawn a bit like a tennis racket, and in Hebrew acquired the meaning Ape. monkey or eye of needle.
The Helvetica Q with its larger 'stroke' is closer to the original.

Nonsense.

Nonsense.

Perhaps you would like to challenge Professor Marc-Alain Ouaknin, the director of the Aleph centre for Jewish studies in Paris and associate professor of comparative literature at Bar-Ilan University in Tel Aviv and author of Mysteries of the Alphabet from whose book, which is on my desk as I write, I took the information I offered in good faith to you.

I guess, like most freakin yanks, you can't accept that most of the world knows a bloody sight more than you. Be happy in your ignorance.

Perhaps you would like to challenge Professor Marc-Alain Ouaknin, the director of the Aleph centre for Jewish studies in Paris and associate professor of comparative literature at Bar-Ilan University in Tel Aviv and author of Mysteries of the Alphabet from whose book, which is on my desk as I write, I took the information I offered in good faith to you.

I guess, like most freakin yanks, you can't accept that most of the world knows a bloody sight more than you. Be happy in your ignorance.

Alright.

I'm not really even reading what you write before answering. You apparently woke up on the bad side of the bed a few days in a row and felt like the only cure was incessantly condescending a random person on the internet. That is a rather good cure, though, I will admit, for most bad mood disorders.

I want the minute I just spent reading this back. You owe me Watermark. You owe me big.

It is a response to all the Mac elitists who think that Arial is horrible because it's a ripoff. It is true that Arial is a ripoff, but it's a ripoff of a ripoff. Anyone, fuck Macintosh, fuck Apple, and fuck Grind.

I'm not really even reading what you write before answering. You apparently woke up on the bad side of the bed a few days in a row and felt like the only cure was incessantly condescending a random person on the internet. That is a rather good cure, though, I will admit, for most bad mood disorders.

I never get out of the wrong side of the bed, literally or figuratively. I am never condescending, even to you, a fine example of American youth, and I am never in a bad mood.
I am, without doubt, the most level headed, unbiased, intelligent, modest, generous, interesting person ever to dab his fingers at a keyboard. That you cannot see that reflects on yourself, not on me.
Let me just add that when the British monarchy resume their rightful position at the head of your little country you will be shot.

I never get out of the wrong side of the bed, literally or figuratively. I am never condescending, even to you, a fine example of American youth, and I am never in a bad mood.
I am, without doubt, the most level headed, unbiased, intelligent, modest, generous, interesting person ever to dab his fingers at a keyboard. That you cannot see that reflects on yourself, not on me.
Let me just add that when the British monarchy resume their rightful position at the head of your little country you will be shot.

What an honor.

Back