Here come de boss, here come de boss...

uscitizen

Villified User
Israel frets over Iraq report, dispatches FM to Washington
Dec 08 7:29 AM US/Eastern

Israel's foreign minister has arrived in the United States amid worries that the Jewish state's main ally could shift course after a report urged Washington to redouble Mideast peacemeaking efforts.

Tzipi Livni will meet with US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and other officials during her visit, which will focus on the repercussions of a report released Wednesday by the Iraq Study Group, her office said.

"This trip will be an occasion to review with her counterparts the report and to discuss its meaning," a foreign ministry spokesman said.

That report said progress towards Arab-Israeli peace was key to saving Iraq.

It also called for direct US talks with two of Israel's most fearsome foes, Syria and Iran, the latter of which is believed to be steaming ahead in its bid for nuclear weapons.

A day after receiving the top-level commission's report, the United States and Britain signalled the start of a renewed diplomatic push in the region.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/08/061208122947.vnyuf8tw.html

OK........here is my biggest problem with things. Israel shouldn't even exist as a nation. The problem was a bunch of misguided, religious idealogues couldn't stand that the muslims were in posession of the "holy land" so they "gave" that land to Israel in the 40's. It has been a tremendous problem ever since. Nowadays there is the oil to think about. I am such a supporter of finding us an alternative energy source and getting off the Middle Eastern tit. I am ready not to care what takes place in the Middle East. Let them (in Iraq and elsewhere over there) fight it out and may the best man win.

OK, I'll get off my soap box now. Sorry 'bout that.

I guess the writers of the report did not use Israeli intelligence like bush did to justify his invasion of Iraq....

OK........here is my biggest problem with things. Israel shouldn't even exist as a nation. The problem was a bunch of misguided, religious idealogues couldn't stand that the muslims were in posession of the "holy land" so they "gave" that land to Israel in the 40's. It has been a tremendous problem ever since. Nowadays there is the oil to think about. I am such a supporter of finding us an alternative energy source and getting off the Middle Eastern tit. I am ready not to care what takes place in the Middle East. Let them (in Iraq and elsewhere over there) fight it out and may the best man win.

:shock:
Darn, you are a real Christian. Attaboy.

It is funny that this major report saying all parties should meet left out Israel. I wonder why?

Basically, I agree. The trouble is that it's too late to set it right now. After all, it was pigheaded stupidity about historical, ethnic "rights" to the "Holy Land" (sic) that created the situation we now have. More of the same won't make things any better.

Most people in Israel today aren't of the generation that perpetrated the theft. The people born and raised there have as much right to the land as the Palestinian Arabs do. If we say that the Palestinian Arabs have more right to the land than Israeli Jews born there then we're making the exact same mistake that was made when Israel was established.

You can't ignore the suffering that would be caused to living people in pursuit of some historically derived goal. It just doesn't work.

I do believe, however, that Israel must be prevented, by whatever means necessary, from taking any more land from the Palestinian Arabs. Israel's right to exist does not trump the right of the nascent Palestinian state to exist.

Back