Here We Go Again . . .

OrnotBitwise

Watermelon
Seems like that same "overzealous" Republican volunteer is at it again. Man, this guy gets around a lot, don't he?

FBI Investigating Va. Voter Calls

By ZINIE CHEN SAMPSON, Associated Press Writer
Tuesday, November 7, 2006

(11-07) 13:49 PST Richmond, Va. (AP) --
The FBI is investigating complaints that phony callers tried to intimidate Virginia voters amid the hard-fought race between GOP Sen. George Allen and Democratic challenger Jim Webb, officials said Tuesday.

State Board of Elections Secretary Jean Jensen said her office had forwarded several reports to the FBI of phone calls to voters apparently aimed at misleading them into not voting or directing them to the wrong polling place.

"If something is going on that worries and alarms voters enough that I'm contacted to look into it, I have a responsibility to do that," Jensen said.
The FBI is checking the reports, agent Stephen Kodack Jr. said.
. . .

"And it's sure as heck not coming from the Allen campaign," LaCivita said. "I doubt the validity of them, quite frankly."

The Webb campaign said in a statement that the calls were intended to confuse and discourage Virginians from voting.

"We've seen this tactic before and it is about time the Republicans learned that it will not work," said Jay B. Myerson, general counsel of the Democratic Party of Virginia.
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/11/07/politics/p105851S56.DTL

Back