Hey Damo....!

Battleborne

Terminator
I just noticed in the user line...among MSN bots,spiders and slurp...'Alexa' is showing...'Alexa' is Malware and does considerable damage to ones Registry...can you block this???

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much. While the Alexa Toolbar can be classed as malware -- this is controversial but I won't quibble -- the Alexa back end is just another spider.

Not really...

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much. While the Alexa Toolbar can be classed as malware -- this is controversial but I won't quibble -- the Alexa back end is just another spider.

Alexa is "malware"...they are very good at getting by Spy blockers...I have Professional ad aware by lavasoft...however Alexa can by pass...when they get into my registry they do malicious things...I have to do a complete systems restore...then go back to ad aware which then can show and remove...not hard to do the system restore but it is a pain in the butt!

The spider really is just a searchbot though. It does not load onto your machine or even effect the wesite other than by using bandwidth.

This site loads no spyware on your machine at all, including alexa.

Wrong...!

The spider really is just a searchbot though. It does not load onto your machine or even effect the wesite other than by using bandwidth.

This site loads no spyware on your machine at all, including alexa.

Alexa does download into your system...you can find it on your registry files and keys!

Alexa does download into your system...you can find it on your registry files and keys!
Not from here. You are misunderstanding. Alexa is a toolbar that will automatically load from some sites. It also has a search function, it sends out bots just like Google's and Yahoo's. Those bots are what you are seeing, they will not load onto your system. They simply access whatever a guest is allowed to access.

I am working on finding out how to block certain searchbots and will get to it when I can, but you should not fear spyware loading onto your system from this site. None of them load onto your system from this site.

Lol...

Not from here. You are misunderstanding. Alexa is a toolbar that will automatically load from some sites. It also has a search function, it sends out bots just like Google's and Yahoo's. Those bots are what you are seeing, they will not load onto your system. They simply access whatever a guest is allowed to access.

I am working on finding out how to block certain searchbots and will get to it when I can, but you should not fear spyware loading onto your system from this site. None of them load onto your system from this site.

You have it wrong...I do not fear 'Alexa'...they are just a pain in the butt...the system I use for fun has no info stored they can use..but hey they can download from 'any' system...thus they are classified as 'Malware'...

You have it wrong...I do not fear 'Alexa'...they are just a pain in the butt...the system I use for fun has no info stored they can use..but hey they can download from 'any' system...thus they are classified as 'Malware'...
This board is not a "system".

Look. There is no spyware that loads onto any machine from my website.

I don't care if you "fear" them or not, the bots are not loading spyware anywhere, they are simply bots like the Yahoo Slurp! bots that catalogue the site for their search function on their crappy toolbar that is so hard to get rid of on your machine.

Anyway, I am seeking out ways to block them using the spiders xml page on my site. I'll get'r done so nobody will have any worry about Alexa.

Okee Dokee then...

This board is not a "system".

Look. There is no spyware that loads onto any machine from my website.

I don't care if you "fear" them or not, the bots are not loading spyware anywhere, they are simply bots like the Yahoo Slurp! bots that catalogue the site for their search function on their crappy toolbar that is so hard to get rid of on your machine.

Like I said they are a pain in the butt...but I know nothing...being that I am old school and all...carry on though!...lol and no they are not hard to get rid of...they are like a parasite energizer bunny that keeps coming back...LOL:tongout:

Back