Hey Damo ....

leaningright

Moderate Republican
Staff member
How's that quitting smoking thing going? Hope it's going well. I am presently in the waiting room of my medical facility waiting to go into my first smoking cessation counseling session. Wish me luck.

Man, it is hard. But I'm still going. Every once in a while I just have to walk away from things. Exercise. It helps.

Quit Smoking help

if you're on complete cessation, then just stay that way ( no weed), and the nicotine leaves the body quickly.
The habitual behaviors linger a LONG time, many ways to help you, PM me if you need anything.

I used a taper down process, kept removing 1 cig, as i could, sometime i'd smoke the same amout for a whole week, sometimes I could drop the total in a couple days.

No pressure -but NEVER increase your total for the day. I finally just quit when I got down to 3 a day. But i will not even think of lighting up.
rebound in a heartbeat.

How's that quitting smoking thing going? Hope it's going well. I am presently in the waiting room of my medical facility waiting to go into my first smoking cessation counseling session. Wish me luck.
I'm very proud of the fact that I was able to kick a 2 pack a day habit cold turkey. :)

Best of luck to you guys!!

Man, it is hard. But I'm still going. Every once in a while I just have to walk away from things. Exercise. It helps.
Behavior modification is the key to success. Analyze all the behaviors that you have which you associate with smoking and avoid those behaviors. That includes not associating with anyone who smokes. (at least till you got a grip on things). I had to quit drinking or going to bars or night clubs and drinking coffee. After meals was always the worst. That's when you want one the worst or in the morning. Also, practicing behaviors that make it difficult to light up helps in two ways. It makes it inconvienant to drop what you're doing to grab a pack and it helps keep your mind off smoking. I used fishing and cycling in my off hours to help with that. It's kind of hard to grab a pack of smokes when your 5 miles up Darby Creek fishing for small mouth bass.

Back