High School Basketball

lostsoul

Ghost of the Past
Well, we had our first scrimmage. We won at all three levels, Freshmen, JV, and Varsity. I was really looking forward to seeing out new 6'9" post in action...pretty disappointed. I think I could have muscled him out of position! But our point guard looked really good!! Started as a Freshman on the Varsity last year. He's getting some looks already from some D1's. Not great programs, Houston, SMU...he's going to be pretty awsome by his Sr. year.

We are pretty big though, 6'9", 6'6", 6"5", 6'5", 6'3"...not the biggest in the district but we did win it all last year and should again this year. Around here, coaches talk in code...they either have athletes or hard workers...we came here from a school with athletes...now we have hard workers! lol

Looking forward to a good year. It is tough when you depend on 15- 18 year old's athletic ability to keep your job!!

Thanks Damo. Lost our second scrimmage by 2. Best scorer twisted an ankle 30 seconds into the 1st quarter. First regular season game is tonight against a team that played for the state championship in 3A last year. We'll see where we stand after that...

Back