Hit a deer on my way to work....guess I'm home for the night.

Steelplate

Right front fender and bumper will need replaced as well as the cowling underneath...God only know what internal damage there is.

My brother in law and I collected the carcass...he's going to see if there's any salvagable meat. I doubt it, this time of year...they are usually full of worms.

FUCK!

Yumm...venison stew!

Yeah...about a 150lb buck.....I knocked one antler off, but the one that was intact had four points on it....couldn't find the other one...will look tomorrow in daylight. My Brother in law is also a taxidermist....I think he was interested in mounting one with the antlers still in velvet.

I love venison stew...first time I ever had it (South Dakota) my first thoughts from my bleeding heart liberal mouth were "Bambi, Bambi who?"

I love venison stew...first time I ever had it (South Dakota) my first thoughts from my bleeding heart liberal mouth were "Bambi, Bambi who?"

Venison is really good quality meat too. Lean, lots of nutrients, and pretty tasty. I don't expect much, if any though....deer in July usually means parasites.

Right front fender and bumper will need replaced as well as the cowling underneath...God only know what internal damage there is.

My brother in law and I collected the carcass...he's going to see if there's any salvagable meat. I doubt it, this time of year...they are usually full of worms.

FUCK!

that sucks. Deer can cause a lot of damage. Glad you weren't hurt.

Shame about the deer getting killed though.

FUCK!

Damn the bad luck, glad you weren't hurt.

Well, good news. It seems the deer lowered it's head when it hit the car. I broke it's neck. The rest of the animal was undamaged. My brother in law skinned it out last night and checked the meat. He couldn't find worms at all. He said that the deer was hit masterfully....lol.

We are keeping the tenderloins and the "fish" ( kind of like tenderloins, but reside under the rib cage, along the spine). There are two of each and we are splitting them with my brother in law. The rest, we are getting made into bologna. He said we should see between 20-25 rings of bologna out of it(big deer). Getting the rings split evenly between regular, garlic, sweet and hot.

Also called my insurance agent they're putting a claim in and are going to call me back. $100 deductible.

Back