Holocaust Remembrance Day

We know of 6 family members who died in the camps during the shoah , those included children

Those the could get their children out of nazi occupied territory sent them to England which took care of them and the Jewish community will always be grateful to England

However some in the UK were nazi sympathizers

Ireland and the Nazis: a troubled history

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/ireland-and-the-nazis-a-troubled-history-1.3076579

I've been to Oświęcim, I went there in the 90s with an American Jew, who was working for US Sprint at the time. Not exactly a fun day out but I'm glad I went. The guy's family came from Croatia originally and the Ustaše killed several of his family, so it was a profound experience for him.

I've been to Oświęcim, I went there in the 90s with an American Jew, who was working for US Sprint at the time. Not exactly a fun day out but I'm glad I went. The guy's family came from Croatia originally and the Ustaše killed several of his family, so it was a profound experience for him.

Havana. Could you do me a favor? Ask guno if any of the Liberators of Auschwitz were white or Christian. I think he's under the impression they were all black Hebrews*and black Muslims.

Havana. Could you do me a favor? Ask guno if any of the Liberators of Auschwitz were white or Christian. I think he's under the impression they were all black Hebrews*and black Muslims.

The pictures in the Holocaust Museum of the inmates all looked pretty white to me.

The pictures in the Holocaust Museum of the inmates all looked pretty white to me.

Yes a lot of ashkenazi jews and sphedium as my family has , strange Jew weren't considered white then and the rightwing white nationals don't consider jews white now, If it wasn't for the red army and soviets it would have gone on longer.

also general patton after the liberation of the camps confindeed the victims from the camps kept them in DP camps

Surviving the Nazis, Only to Be Jailed by America
Prisoners at the Buchenwald concentration camp, near Weimar, Germany, as it was liberated by American forces in April 1945.
Credit
Margaret Bourke-White/Time & Life Pictures — Getty Images

Faced with complaints by outside Jewish groups about conditions of “abject misery,” President Harry S. Truman sent a former immigration official, Earl Harrison, to Europe to inspect the camps. His findings were blistering. The survivors “have been ‘liberated’ more in a military sense than actually,” Harrison wrote Truman in the summer of 1945.

“As matters now stand,” he wrote, “we appear to be treating the Jews as the Nazis treated them except that we do not exterminate them. They are in concentration camps in large numbers under our military guard instead of S.S. troops.”

I ran across Harrison’s report a few years ago while researching a book on the flight of Nazis to the United States after the war. As I examined the path the Nazis took out of Europe, I struggled to understand how so many of them had made it to America so easily while so many Holocaust survivors were left behind.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/08/...g-the-nazis-only-to-be-jailed-by-america.html

Yes a lot of ashkenazi jews and sphedium as my family has , strange Jew weren't considered white then and the rightwing white nationals don't consider jews white now, If it wasn't for the red army and soviets it would have gone on longer.

also general patton after the liberation of the camps confindeed the victims from the camps kept them in DP camps

Surviving the Nazis, Only to Be Jailed by America
Prisoners at the Buchenwald concentration camp, near Weimar, Germany, as it was liberated by American forces in April 1945.
Credit
Margaret Bourke-White/Time & Life Pictures — Getty Images

Faced with complaints by outside Jewish groups about conditions of “abject misery,” President Harry S. Truman sent a former immigration official, Earl Harrison, to Europe to inspect the camps. His findings were blistering. The survivors “have been ‘liberated’ more in a military sense than actually,” Harrison wrote Truman in the summer of 1945.

“As matters now stand,” he wrote, “we appear to be treating the Jews as the Nazis treated them except that we do not exterminate them. They are in concentration camps in large numbers under our military guard instead of S.S. troops.”

I ran across Harrison’s report a few years ago while researching a book on the flight of Nazis to the United States after the war. As I examined the path the Nazis took out of Europe, I struggled to understand how so many of them had made it to America so easily while so many Holocaust survivors were left behind.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/08/...g-the-nazis-only-to-be-jailed-by-america.html

Patton was a nasty piece of work, no doubt about it.

In mid-January 1945, as Soviet forces approached the Auschwitz camp complex, the SS began evacuating Auschwitz and its satellite camps. Nearly 60,000 prisoners were forced to march west from the Auschwitz camp system. Thousands had been killed in the camps in the days before these death marches began. Tens of thousands of prisoners, mostly Jews, were forced to march to the city of Wodzislaw in the western part of Upper Silesia. SS guards shot anyone who fell behind or could not continue. Prisoners also suffered from the cold weather, starvation, and exposure on these marches. More than 15,000 died during the death marches from Auschwitz. On January 27, 1945, the Soviet army entered Auschwitz and liberated more than 7,000 remaining prisoners, who were mostly ill and dying. It is estimated that at minimum 1.3 million people were deported to Auschwitz between 1940 and 1945; of these, at least 1.1 million were murdered.

Back