Holy Shit!

And I thought I was nuts going down a mountain like that on my bike. I've passed motorcycles before descending mountains at high rates of speed on my bicycle. Got in trouble for doing that on Clingmans Dome in TN. My partner and I startled a couple on a Harley when we passed them. They complained to a park Ranger and he pulled us over at the bottom of the mountain and threatened to give us a ticket.

And I thought I was nuts going down a mountain like that on my bike. I've passed motorcycles before descending mountains at high rates of speed on my bicycle. Got in trouble for doing that on Clingmans Dome in TN. My partner and I startled a couple on a Harley when we passed them. They complained to a park Ranger and he pulled us over at the bottom of the mountain and threatened to give us a ticket.
You need to get one of those tricycle bells, or put some baseball cards in your spokes. But at least you had brakes. I'm sure this guy has some friction pads on his suit but it would probably take him a mile to slow down and stop.

You need to get one of those tricycle bells, or put some baseball cards in your spokes. But at least you had brakes. I'm sure this guy has some friction pads on his suit but it would probably take him a mile to slow down and stop.
I wonder what speeds he was hitting? My guess would be around to 50 to 60 mph.

I wonder what speeds he was hitting? My guess would be around to 50 to 60 mph.
I don't think that fast. There's got to be a lot of friction with those tiny wheels. Plus he can't have much turning capabilty with that get-up. My guess is he couldn't pull much more that .5 G or so. A two wheeled bike or motorcycle can probably do .7G.

I've done 55 on skis before and that takes a much steeper slope that you'd see on a public road like that. Granted he's got a smaller cross section than a skier in a tuck, but the skier has a lot less friction.

I'd guess his top speed to be about 45mph, and he probably slowed to 30 or so in the corners.

I don't think that fast. There's got to be a lot of friction with those tiny wheels. Plus he can't have much turning capabilty with that get-up. My guess is he couldn't pull much more that .5 G or so. A two wheeled bike or motorcycle can probably do .7G.

I've done 55 on skis before and that takes a much steeper slope that you'd see on a public road like that. Granted he's got a smaller cross section than a skier in a tuck, but the skier has a lot less friction.

I'd guess his top speed to be about 45mph, and he probably slowed to 30 or so in the corners.
That's still pretty fast.

That was awesome; but my props go to the camera guy.

Not only did he have to go down the hill; but he had to control the camera!! :cof1:

Back