Home Again

nji098

O.K. so my MoBo died about 6 weeks ago and since Vista seemed to be universally reviled I decided to wait till 7 arrived. New 'puter set-up was a cinch but trouble getting on-line connection. Finally borrowed an ethernet cable and after sys tray clock started showing correct time I started poking around and the Google home page opened up. Using IE 8 for now but will probably go slow 'til I install anti-virus (anybody heard of "ESET" ? ) and get Mozilla (if I can find my way back on-line again).

And that's how I spent my autumn vacation !

After you've given it some time to get used to it, let us know how you like Windows 7. We have Vista but have not had any problems with it at all.

O.K. so my MoBo died about 6 weeks ago and since Vista seemed to be universally reviled I decided to wait till 7 arrived. New 'puter set-up was a cinch but trouble getting on-line connection. Finally borrowed an ethernet cable and after sys tray clock started showing correct time I started poking around and the Google home page opened up. Using IE 8 for now but will probably go slow 'til I install anti-virus (anybody heard of "ESET" ? ) and get Mozilla (if I can find my way back on-line again).

And that's how I spent my autumn vacation !

Bummer. :( I was wondering what happened to you.

Back