House of Cards (no spoilers)

cawacko

Three episodes into Season 2 and loving it. Saw a handful of people post on Facebook that they locked themselves in and watched the whole season in one or two days. Can't say I blame them.

hahaha I am going to have to avoid this thread forever. I am planning on watching an one episode a week O_O

That's how I watched it and I'm going finish season two the same way.

When I saw the title I wondered if it is the same as that shown over 20 years ago in the UK. Turns out that it is an adaptation of the original BBC drama series House of Cards (1990) based on the novel by Michael Dobbs, a British politician and author. Took you guys long enough to get round to it, does anybody say "You might say so but I couldn't possibly comment"?

When I saw the title I wondered if it is the same as that shown over 20 years ago in the UK. Turns out that it is an adaptation of the original BBC drama series House of Cards (1990) based on the novel by Michael Dobbs, a British politician and author. Took you guys long enough to get round to it, does anybody say "You might say so but I couldn't possibly comment"?

That's really interesting. I thought it was a completely original show. Our pol's name is Francis Underwood, nobody here would know how to pronounce "Urquhart."

That's really interesting. I thought it was a completely original show. Our pol's name is Francis Underwood, nobody here would know how to pronounce "Urquhart."

It's a Scottish name and is usually pronounced Er-cut. It's strange that it has taken so long for it to be remade over there, the original was brilliant and the saying "You might very well think that but I could not possibly comment" has entered the political lexicon and has become a bit of a hackneyed phrase these days.

Last edited:
It's a Scottish name and is usually pronounced Er-cut. It's strange that it has taken so long for it to be remade over there, the original was brilliant and the saying "You might say so but I couldn't possibly comment" has entered the political lexicon and has become a bit of a hackneyed phrase these days.

I'll listen for it. It's not ringing a bell.

Back