How Crass Can You Get Bush?

Cancel7

Banned
Really, just how disgusting can these people get? Bush is all over the place basically calling Nancy Pelosi a traitor, and yet, Republican congresspeople were in Syria over the weekend, and Pitt's office says, the White House was in on the visit. This is just beyond the pale with these people. They are shameless, shameless, shameless.

Pitts in Syria before Pelosi
But county’s U.S. rep. draws less criticism

By Dave Pidgeon, Staff
Intelligencer Journal

Published: Apr 03, 2007 1:43 AM EST

LANCASTER COUNTY, Pa. - While U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's upcoming visit to Syria has caused the White House to bristle, a little-publicized rendezvous took place Sunday between Syria's president and Lancaster County's congressman.

And though Bush administration officials have been criticizing Pelosi, it's not clear what role the White House and the U.S. Department of State played when U.S. Rep. Joe Pitts and two other Republican congressmen met with Syrian President Bassar Assad.

Pitts is a Chester County Republican who represents Lancaster County.

Gabe Neville, Pitts' chief of staff, said Monday the conference between Assad and the three Republicans was intended to be "low profile."

"It was done in cooperation with the administration," he said.

However, White House spokesman Alex Conant said Monday the Bush administration — as a blanket policy — "discourages all of (Congress') visits" to Syria, a country believed by the White House to sponsor terrorism.

The House Speaker's office criticized the Bush administration for focusing their criticisms — until Monday — on Pelosi, the top House Democrat, for leading a congressional delegation to meet with Assad later this week.

"There's a Republican trip going before her, and no one is criticizing that," Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill said. "So clearly the White House's motives here are in question."

Details about Pitts' trip to Syria, including when the White House learned of it and whether and how the Department of State was involved, were not available from Neville, who said, "I'll let (Pitts) answer that when he gets back."

Neville also declined to divulge Pitts' return date, citing security concerns.

The Republicans' conference with Assad was first reported by The Associated Press in a story about Pelosi. Pitts' office made no public announcements preceding the Damascus visit.

Full Story: http://local.lancasteronline.com/4/202433

Bush is an ass, It has just taken most of the country over 7 more years to recognize it than it did me.

They just can't be GONE soon enough in my book.....I despise what they have done to this country of ours.... :(

Back