How did this become a "bold" political statement in country music?

Walt

Back To Reality
Tim McGraw wished his wife, Faith Hill, a happy birthday, and made the statement, "Our girls could not have a better role model in their lives as how to be an incredibly strong woman. And how to believe in themselves and be in charge of their lives (every aspect of their lives)! Let's honor the women in our lives with respect and make sure that we fight for their rights right alongside them!"

On any reasonable planet, that would just be a normal respecting one's wife statement, not even political, but in country music it is seen as a completely Democratic statement. Would trump ever respect a woman?

"Tim McGraw Breaks Silence Following Backlash From His Bold Political Statement"

"Wow! Used to be a Tim McGraw fan. I’d never listen to your music again after seeing you bleed blue."

I immediately suspect that she is getting ready to leave him.....these two have been at that point several times before....she then issues orders/ultimatums and he complies.

I immediately suspect that she is getting ready to leave him.....these two have been at that point several times before....she then issues orders/ultimatums and he complies.
You think the only reason a country music singer would respect a woman that she is threatening to leave him?

Back