How do I do the facebook thing?

you sign up on facebook.com, you search for people you know by name/location and if they have an account you can request to be their friend. It'll even draw a network for you showing you where your friends are and how you're connected to people.

It's pretty simple.

LOL, i know how to get a facebook account. Damo mentioned that there was a way to connect this site to my fb acct

Yeah, the only thing that does is to post stories on facebook every time you post here. There's really no reason you'd ever want to use it, unless you want your entire set of friends and family to be alerted everytime you post here.

LOL, i know how to get a facebook account. Damo mentioned that there was a way to connect this site to my fb acct
Log out, then use "connect with facebook" button instead of putting your information in, it will then ask you for your facebook login, it connects to facebook and checks it, then it asks you either for a new username or to put your current one in.

At that point you will be connected. I have shut off the annoying "publish stories" option because so few wanted to publish any and it asks every single time.

Yeah, the only thing that does is to post stories on facebook every time you post here. There's really no reason you'd ever want to use it, unless you want your entire set of friends and family to be alerted everytime you post here.
That is not true. It allows people that have facebook accounts to create a registered account without going through the whole e-mail verification thing.

you sign up on facebook.com, you search for people you know by name/location and if they have an account you can request to be their friend. It'll even draw a network for you showing you where your friends are and how you're connected to people.

It's pretty simple.

As per usual, wise guy misses the mark completely.

It's pretty simple.

Good post IB1.

Back