How Do Old School Engineers Measure Anything?

AProudLefty

Black Kitty Ain't Happy
I have worked for US Corps Of Engineers in the early 90's.

Plenty of them were using old fashionshed tools to measure the areas on the maps. That was when it was transitioning to computer measurements.

You wouldn't believe the amount of paper and the color pencils at that.

Old engineers out by retirement, new engineers in.

I give you two guesses as to what they measured the areas of a lake or a land.

Plenty of them were using old fashionshed tools to measure the areas on the maps. That was when it was transitioning to computer measurements.

Surveying equipment? Rulers? lol

My dad was a chemist who retired in 1978 after working his entire career for the same company (Monsanto, now Bayer). He used a slide rule for most of those years.

Surveying equipment? Rulers? lol

My dad was a chemist who retired in 1978 after working his entire career for the same company (Monsanto, now Bayer). He used a slide rule for most of those years.

Wrong answer. Though both of you had the correct but it wasn't the question asked.

Length of their penises?

I remember when I as in the safety shop at SIMA San Diego having to take two "engineers" from Point Mugu around the base (I was an E-6 / Petty Officer First Class at the time and had just finished my industrial engineering and computer programing degrees) for a survey of ventilation systems. I called it "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure." Those two guys were so fucking clueless I was astounded they could walk and breathe at the same time (they were both younger than me-- I asked).
But who was I to complain? I got lots of fresh air, sipped on a coffee, and basically did nothing all day...

Google or something like that and their "measurements" were a crock of shit.

Back