How do you keep them from finding out?

Phantasmal

Harris/Walz
Staff member
I never use my debit or charge card to buy my husbands Christmas gift because I don't want him to know how much I have spent or where I am buying his gift. He got cashmere for Christmas this year, needed new sweaters, the others had served him well for 10 years, lol

Now, on the other hand, I know exactly where he went and what he spent. I just need to see what it is! Can't wait, it is always something very thoughtful!

Whenever I go out drinking I always take out an extra $20-$40 and stash it away. Then when December rolls around I have a couple grand in 'hidden' cash to buy her stuff.

I never use my debit or charge card to buy my husbands Christmas gift because I don't want him to know how much I have spent or where I am buying his gift. He got cashmere for Christmas this year, needed new sweaters, the others had served him well for 10 years, lol

Now, on the other hand, I know exactly where he went and what he spent. I just need to see what it is! Can't wait, it is always something very thoughtful!
In my wife's case you don't. She has an inbuilt radar that can detect your intentions to buy Christmas present than will leave no stone uncovered till she finds it. I started a secret Santa fund where I add small amounts of cash a little at a time over the year. Come Christmas time I use that cash to buy her an X-mas present and then I lock it in my drawer in my cubicle at work until it's time to take it home to give to her. :)

In my wife's case you don't. She has an inbuilt radar that can detect your intentions to buy Christmas present than will leave no stone uncovered till she finds it. I started a secret Santa fund where I add small amounts of cash a little at a time over the year. Come Christmas time I use that cash to buy her an X-mas present and then I lock it in my drawer in my cubicle at work until it's time to take it home to give to her. :)

She let you have a car this year, you have to give her something fabulous, as I know you will!

She let you have a car this year, you have to give her something fabulous, as I know you will!
No,no,no. I have not gotten the car yet and I will be paying for it so that's not a fair comparison.

Unfortunately my Christmas fund was depleted due to an unexpected family tragedy about six weeks ago that cost me a considerable sum so her gift this year will be quite modest.

She has a Samsung Galaxy smart phone she loves playing with so I bought her a Samsung Gear S2 smart watch.

Back