• Above the Norm

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Below the Norm

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I particularly want to know if gatherings made a sustained effort to avoid politics and the troubles of the world.

Or was it more "Have you been noticing what is going on? We are in more trouble than we thought".

The reports I get indicate that flying continues to get more miserable....how are the airlines doing?

Awesome week in the mountains with my wife, kids, sisters and their families, my stepmother, and two cousins.

A little rain and limited internet.

Fun cooking, hiking, family game night, It’s a wWonderful Life on DVD, board games, campfire fun.

Almost 0 politics other than a discussion about NYC not being dangerous as TV says, and San Francisco not being how it is portrayed on FoxNews.

Last edited:
Our Thanksgiving was great this year. The wife and I got up early and prepared a semi-traditional Thanksgiving meal for my in-laws and son. I say semi-traditional because we have the many of the same traditional dishes…dressing, cranberry salad, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy, green beans, corn, rolls, pumpkin dishes (bread, pie, rolls) and a pecan pie … but we cook a roasting chicken instead of a turkey since there are only 5 of us. Incidentally, the pumpkin dishes this year were made from a Choctaw Indian pumpkin squash and the pecans were gathered from the Choctaw Indian groves in SE OK.

The meal went off without a hitch. It all tasted great. Then my FIL, son and I went on a short afternoon squirrel hunt. As long as my FIL can go this is our Thanksgiving tradition. Football after dark.

Anytime I can spend time with my family, especially my wife and son (my days with him are likely numbered…he’s a junior in college and likely won’t work anywhere near us), have a good meal, kill a few squirrels and Dallas wins their football game…that’s a good day.

Generally I have the SADS, but eating these leftovers on an intermission of Gone With The Wind makes me happy.

The scalloped oysters are particularly good.

Our Thanksgiving was great this year. The wife and I got up early and prepared a semi-traditional Thanksgiving meal for my in-laws and son. I say semi-traditional because we have the many of the same traditional dishes…dressing, cranberry salad, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy, green beans, corn, rolls, pumpkin dishes (bread, pie, rolls) and a pecan pie … but we cook a roasting chicken instead of a turkey since there are only 5 of us. Incidentally, the pumpkin dishes this year were made from a Choctaw Indian pumpkin squash and the pecans were gathered from the Choctaw Indian groves in SE OK.

The meal went off without a hitch. It all tasted great. Then my FIL, son and I went on a short afternoon squirrel hunt. As long as my FIL can go this is our Thanksgiving tradition. Football after dark.

Anytime I can spend time with my family, especially my wife and son (my days with him are likely numbered…he’s a junior in college and likely won’t work anywhere near us), have a good meal, kill a few squirrels and Dallas wins their football game…that’s a good day.

Seeing Dallas win was whipped cream on the pumpkin pie!

My wife and I are dog-sitting for her daughter's family while they went to Florida; 5 dogs, a cat and the two of us. Cornish game hen, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, mac'n'cheese, whole berry canned cranberries and pumpkin pie. Great meal. Still working on some of the left overs.

Back