How, in anyones imagination is this not a civil war?

Jarod

Contributor
Shiite militia seizes control of southern Iraq city
Fighters loyal to al-Sadr storm police stations, commandeer vehicles
NBC NEWS EXCLUSIVE

Updated: 44 minutes ago
BAGHDAD, Iraq - The Shiite militia run by anti-American cleric Muqtada al-Sadr seized total control of the southern Iraqi city of Amarah on Friday in one of the boldest acts of defiance yet by one of the country’s powerful, unofficial armies, witnesses and police said.

Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki dispatched an emergency security delegation that included the Minister of State for Security Affairs and top officials from the Interior and Defense ministries, Yassin Majid, the prime minister’s media adviser, told The Associated Press.

The Mahdi Army fighters stormed three main police stations Friday morning, planting explosives that flattened the buildings, residents said.

msnbc.com

the leader of the mission to secure Baghdad says it has failed....
But we have to have "total Victory" according to some. I guess they need to join up and help then.

the leader of the mission to secure Baghdad says it has failed....
But we have to have "total Victory" according to some. I guess they need to join up and help then.

Later in the same interview Bush said:

I deplore the characterization of this new violence in Iraq as a Civil War. My advisers tell me there is not a civil war in Iraq. What we have is just the last throes of the liberal insurgents who don't want us to win. But we cannot "cut and run" now we must continue to fight so that those who died and those who will die to avenge the deaths of those who die and those who die to avenge the deaths of those others who died and so on infinitly will not have died in vain. So we will "stay the course" except for the "adapt to win" parts and we will continue to kill them there so that they are not killing us here, because they are determined to take over the world in twenty years, and we are determined to stop them or at least torture within the guidelines established by the Geneva Conventions.

Later in the same interview Bush said:

I deplore the characterization of this new violence in Iraq as a Civil War. My advisers tell me there is not a civil war in Iraq. What we have is just the last throes of the liberal insurgents who don't want us to win. But we cannot "cut and run" now we must continue to fight so that those who died and those who will die to avenge the deaths of those who die and those who die to avenge the deaths of those others who died and so on infinitly will not have died in vain. So we will "stay the course" except for the "adapt to win" parts and we will continue to kill them there so that they are not killing us here, because they are determined to take over the world in twenty years, and we are determined to stop them or at least torture within the guidelines established by the Geneva Conventions.

LOL! The liberal insurgents. For a minute I thought you were serious. I wouldn't even be that surprised actually. According to Dixie it's the liberals who "got us into this mess."

Back