APP - How many climate deniers could you fight off?

Haiku

Makes the ganglia twitch.
Take the quiz....at this link below...

http://grist.org/climate-energy/quiz-how-many-climate-denier-attackers-could-you-fight-off/

Then visit here and view the map...

So, what do the results tell us?

Lots and lots of people around the world are ready and willing to fight off the denialists! The map shows that the quiz has spread to every state in the US, most parts of Canada and every continent in the world (except Antarctica). While the quiz is mainly for entertainment purposes, (and we strongly suspect that some people may have taken the quiz multiple times, and given different responses just to “test” the scoring system) we can see that there is tonnes of enthusiasm for fighting off climate deniers! We are not alone.

From Athens to Amsterdam, Mumbai to Melbourne, Paris to Perth… there are lots of courageous climate fighters out there. Ready and willing to use their verbal judo skills to flip Denialist’s arguments flat on the floor. Here are the official stats:

Quiz Title: Denialist Quiz Summary
Number of questions: 10
Number of submissions: 2880
Average Score: 36.61

If you hover over the dots you can see scores for a particular area. The dark green colour is for the higher scores, while the brown dots represent low scores.

The quiz was inspired by Michael Mann’s book, The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars. His book whacked me on the head and said “Wake up! We are in a climate war.”

It made me think: What will the world be like if the fossil fuel industry wins the climate war? It also made me wonder what it’s like to be under attack from hordes of “climate denialists” as Mann was. (Although I must say, I do have some experience fighting off the Oil-drunk Harper Government…)

But can a humorous quiz actually change people’s behaviours? Well… here’s feedback I received from a player, Richard Rainford, who knows something about fighting…

“I enjoyed the quiz. I hope I would be that brave in real life…
This game really makes you think — and I like that.”

http://www.frankejames.com/debate/?cat=370

using the word denier is an attempt to dehumanize opposition. Your science must be so awesome if you have to resort to name calling

using the word denier is an attempt to dehumanize opposition. Your science must be so awesome if you have to resort to name calling

Using semantics is an attempt to change the context of the discussion. Your science must be non-existent if you must resort to semantics.

Back